Help! no signal in my monitor

Questeighty

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Hey, so I went to the computer store earlier today and bought a new computer case and a 500GB WD SATA HD. Immediately I went home, I took all my computer components into my new case and started to connect everything together, the new 500GB HD too. After, I brought it to my monitor, plugged everything in, and i pushed the ON button. I was rather excited as I waited for my orange light to turn to blue on my monitor. However, it never changed. I tried unplugging the plug from the back of my computer and the monitor says "No device found" so I plug it back in, which said "NO SIGNAL." I have been going through a ton of forums trying to find solutions, but none worked. Please help me out!

Btw, I hear no "BEEP" when i turned it on, but then I actually never heard it go "BEEP" back when it DID work

COMP SPECS:

Motherboard: ASUS M2N68-AM
RAM: 4 GB OCZ REAPER HPC DDR2 memory
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4600 2.4 GHz
GPU: ASUS EN9500GT 512MB
HD: 100 GB WD SATA HD (has my OS in it)
500 GB WD SATA HD (i unplugged it )
PSU: COOLERMASTER 500W

things I tried:
1) I tried to reassemble every part. FAILED.
2) I made sure that my hard drives were in correct places as either MASTER or as SLAVE. FAILED.
3) I unplugged my monitor from the power source and waited for a few minutes then turn both, monitor and computer on. FAILED.
4) I unplugged the power sources of BOTH monitor AND computer for a few minutes and restarted everything. FAILED.
5) I changed monitors, and each said "NO SIGNAL." FAILED.
6) I tried placing another computer with my monitor, but it worked. So that meant that it wasn't a faulty monitor. FAILED.
7) I unplugged everything but my GPU, one RAM, CPU, PSU, and POWER CORD , (no HD) and turned it on, but still no signal. FAILED.

I tried so many things but every single attempt to send my monitor a signal was a FAIL. PLEASE HELP.

Solution
Your motherboard has a white 4 pin port right behind the mouse/keyboard ports. Your PSU needs to be plugged into that port. That supplies power to your CPU socket. Without it, you will get those exact symptoms.

jsphdickens

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Are you sure you are plugging your monitor into your graphics card and not the motherboard? If so, maybe try removing your video card and seeing if your display comes on when using onboard video?

Questeighty

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

yes I am sure that I am plugging my monitor into my GPU. I tried taking out the GPU and plugging it directly into my motherboard but still, has no signal.