Hey, so I went to the computer store earlier today and bought a new computer case and a 500GB WD SATA HD. Immediately I went home, I took all my computer components into my new case and started to connect everything together, the new 500GB HD too. After, I brought it to my monitor, plugged everything in, and i pushed the ON button. I was rather excited as I waited for my orange light to turn to blue on my monitor. However, it never changed. I tried unplugging the plug from the back of my computer and the monitor says "No device found" so I plug it back in, which said "NO SIGNAL." I have been going through a ton of forums trying to find solutions, but none worked. Please help me out!
Btw, I hear no "BEEP" when i turned it on, but then I actually never heard it go "BEEP" back when it DID work
Motherboard: ASUS M2N68-AM
RAM: 4 GB OCZ REAPER HPC DDR2 memory
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4600 2.4 GHz
GPU: ASUS EN9500GT 512MB
HD: 100 GB WD SATA HD (has my OS in it)
500 GB WD SATA HD (i unplugged it )
PSU: COOLERMASTER 500W
things I tried:
1) I tried to reassemble every part. FAILED.
2) I made sure that my hard drives were in correct places as either MASTER or as SLAVE. FAILED.
3) I unplugged my monitor from the power source and waited for a few minutes then turn both, monitor and computer on. FAILED.
4) I unplugged the power sources of BOTH monitor AND computer for a few minutes and restarted everything. FAILED.
5) I changed monitors, and each said "NO SIGNAL." FAILED.
6) I tried placing another computer with my monitor, but it worked. So that meant that it wasn't a faulty monitor. FAILED.
7) I unplugged everything but my GPU, one RAM, CPU, PSU, and POWER CORD , (no HD) and turned it on, but still no signal. FAILED.
I tried so many things but every single attempt to send my monitor a signal was a FAIL. PLEASE HELP.
Your motherboard has a white 4 pin port right behind the mouse/keyboard ports. Your PSU needs to be plugged into that port. That supplies power to your CPU socket. Without it, you will get those exact symptoms.