primeval annoyance

On public servers, most of my teammates seem to pick up both weapons
lockers in the base, even though they don't get anything more from the
second one. It's annoying as all getout.

A big part of the problem is that the game makes a sound as if you
*are* getting something, whether you really are or not.

Grr.

-Dan Damouth

Meltdown

Daniel Damouth enlightened us with:
> On public servers, most of my teammates seem to pick up both weapons
> lockers in the base, even though they don't get anything more from
> the second one. It's annoying as all getout.

People do stupid things. When there is a weapon with two ammo pickups,
one on each side, many players take both ammo pickups - even on team
games where one should leave some ammo for his teammates. Very
annoying.

> A big part of the problem is that the game makes a sound as if you
> *are* getting something, whether you really are or not.

I'd say "make a mutator that fixes it" :)

MeltDown

Am/On Mon, 30 May 2005 03:06:29 GMT schrieb/wrote Daniel Damouth in
alt.games.unreal.tournament:

> On public servers, most of my teammates seem to pick up both weapons
> lockers in the base, even though they don't get anything more from the
> second one. It's annoying as all getout.
>
> A big part of the problem is that the game makes a sound as if you
> *are* getting something, whether you really are or not.
>
> Grr.
>
> -Dan Damouth

Thats one of the oldest probs in team-based action shooters. Some guys are
just ego players and only look for their frags, others are teamplayer and
share Weapons, build up or repair powernodes. I tend to the second ones.
Sometimes i get on a Server where there are Teams, these games mostly rock.
Thats why i like onslaught and vctf. Egos should try other gamemodes, but
they are always on team-based servers:-(

Avril-driven Klaus

On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:50:54 +0200, Klaus Bregel <space-orbit@gmx.de>
wrote:

>Avril-driven Klaus

LOL. Me too. When stats were working:

Frags by Flak Cannon: 1,464
Frags by Avril: 1,447

Everything else is a distant third. ;-)

kyle

"Daniel Damouth" <damouth@san.rr.com> wrote in message
| On public servers, most of my teammates seem to pick up both weapons
| lockers in the base, even though they don't get anything more from
the
| second one. It's annoying as all getout.
|
| A big part of the problem is that the game makes a sound as if you
| *are* getting something, whether you really are or not.
|
| Grr.
|
| -Dan Damouth

Making a friendly suggestion on occasion to the ammo hogs to "leave
some for the other teammates" might improve their thinking, then
again, maybe not. But, I do remember being very new to UT and hogging
the ammo without thinking, way back in the past. Switching to
instagib UT servers fixed my ammo hogging syndrome, hehe.
--
Best regards,
Kyle