Sign in with
Your question

Can over powerd PSU cause this issue ?? help plz.

Last response: in Components
November 26, 2010 8:12:15 AM

ok here is the issue but first let me state my pc specs:
M BOARD : EVGA 780 i sli
CPU :inte C2Quad 9550 2.83 GHZ ( overclocked to 3.6 ghz ) : passed 50 test of INTEL burn test and 12 hours of prima test.
RAM : 4 GB kingston 800 mhz ( running stock clock and stock timng 6 6 6 18 @ 400 mhz)
VGA : 2 X evga gtx 260 in sli mode ( stock speed is : 625 - 1350 -1053 ) overclocked it to ( 650 - 1400 - 1053) , passed 2 hours of furmark burnning test.
cooler: corsair h50 water cooling system.
PSU: corsair 650 watts tx http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

one HDD and dvd.
as i stated above the system passed the intel test and furmark running at the same time to insure that its working at 100 % power supply consuming capacity and it passed . ( i ran the test for 4 times ) the system has never froze during the test at all almost (40 hours of test) . the issue is when im browsing the internet it will feeze out of the sudden some time after 4 hours of browsing and somtimes it goes up to 2 weeks with out a hicup and then it freezes so it doesnt have a routine freeze it just happens when ever it wants . and only during browsing I EXPLORER when ever i play games ( ARMA OA - fifa11 ) for hours it never freeze.
i run win7 ultimate , the windows install is 1 year old , when i upgraded my cpu and VGA ( i was runing C2D ) i didnt do a fresh install of windows i just swaped the CPU and the VGA and installed drivers for it ( ya its a clean driver install i used driver sweeper to clean it ) .
BTW when it freeze its just freezes there is no BSOD at all just locks up.
i updated the windows so its up to date . all drivers is up to date.
what can be the cuase of this spontanus freeze .
does it need a fresh install of win?
or is the PSU is being overpowerd that it locks up spontanuosly ? plz any suggestion is appreciated.

More about : powerd psu issue plz

November 26, 2010 8:27:26 AM

try updating your bios. I had a problem with random freezing with a bad bios.
November 26, 2010 8:33:16 AM

i already did that b4 starting over clocking my CPU i have P10 version now on the MB.
Related resources
November 26, 2010 8:43:47 AM

reset the cmos, run memtest and if that passes keep the system running at stock speeds for a while to see if that fixes the issue to narrow it down

also your due for a fresh install of windows if your a power user yes

also, nvidia chipsets are generally buggy so i wouldnt put it past that either...
November 26, 2010 8:51:39 AM

oh i forgot to mention i ran the mem test 3 times and it passed , im sorry i forgot to mention it in the first post , as for the reset coms i did it b4 i swap the old CPU with the new one .
the fresh install ya i will do it regardless i just though to ask on here and see why the pc is acting up.
a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2010 11:37:49 AM

does it happen in any other browser? i.e.opera or firefox?

But no an oversized PSU will not cause an issue.
November 26, 2010 1:00:39 PM

well i dont have any other browser , so it happened in the only browser that i use which is IE , and i didnt say oversized PSU i meant over loaded PSU , as u see from my specs that it need minmum of 750 watts PSU and the one im using is 650 watts so what i meant with my question if the PSU is not giving enuf juice to the PC would it cause the system to freeze.?
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 26, 2010 1:58:14 PM

simo1000rr said:
well i dont have any other browser , so it happened in the only browser that i use which is IE , and i didnt say oversized PSU i meant over loaded PSU , as u see from my specs that it need minmum of 750 watts PSU and the one im using is 650 watts so what i meant with my question if the PSU is not giving enuf juice to the PC would it cause the system to freeze.?

Don't see that
You ran IBT and Furmark several times, and game for hours at a time and yet you think freezing while surfing the web equates to a power problem ???
!