Solved

ATI 5750 average temp

I bought the ATI 5750 from Sapphire about two months ago and I've finally gotten a chance to run some games on it. I've noticed in idle temp it runs at ~47C. However, when it's under a lot of stress, it has hit over 92C. Is this considered normal or do I have a defective card? Is a better idea to get a fan?

Thanks
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5750 average temp
  1. Well, It's pretty hot but technically the card can take it, however it could shorten the lifespan of the card... Try setting the fan speec to 100% and do tests again...
  2. Idle temps are OK. Bit worried about load temps.

Usually cards are rated at 100C but anything above 80C is a little concerning.

How big is your case?

Does it have adequate airflow?

You could try a couple of things:

1. Create a fan profile in CCC. ~50% is OK.
    2. Install a 120mm case fan facing your card.

Good luck.
  3. I have a mid sized tower case. It has 3 default fans in the case. I think I will try and figure out how to increase the air flow and if that doesn't work, I'll buy a case fan. Any fans you recommend?
  4. Best answer
    Middle cases can get a bit cramped.

Make sure you have good cable management. It makes a difference. Zip tie things together away from intakes/exhausts.

Quote:
    Any fans you recommend?

Depending on where you live (ie availability), most fans should do the job. Look for one which is QUIET and has a high flow rate.

ex. I use Coolermaster 90 CFM (red). Silent but effective.

Good luck.
  5. Best answer selected by Bewn.
  6. hey i have the same problem what u do?? pleeasse!! answer!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Sapphire ATI Graphics