Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO v's ASRock Z68 Extreme4

Last response: in Motherboards
July 22, 2011 12:17:42 PM

Hi I'm very close to finalizing me new gaming build and was just after some feedback on these two boards, ASUS P8Z68-V PRO & ASRock Z68 Extreme4.
I was totally set on getting the ASUS board but have since read lots of people praising ASRock.

My build:
i5 2500K
Sapphire Radeon HD6950 2GB Dirt3 Edition
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (2x4GB) DDR3
CoolerMaster HAF 922 with Window
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EALX

The SSD will come later.

I'm going to run this as a gaming and media center on a 42' lcd tv and home theater suround. Some image editing and some video decoding but mainly games movies and day to day internet stuff.
I like the idea of being able to over clock and cross fire later to stretch out the time before needing to upgrade fully.
a c 75 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 22, 2011 4:29:52 PM

Overall your build looks good I have heard some good things about ASRock boards of late so I wouldn’t have a problem with them at all. While the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K does come with a HSF (heatsink/fan) that will work fine at stock speeds, if you are going to overclock you are going to want to add in a 3rd party HSF. With a good air cooler you can get some very good results from the Intel Core i5-2500K overclocking.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
July 22, 2011 9:37:17 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
Overall your build looks good I have heard some good things about ASRock boards of late so I wouldn’t have a problem with them at all. While the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K does come with a HSF (heatsink/fan) that will work fine at stock speeds, if you are going to overclock you are going to want to add in a 3rd party HSF. With a good air cooler you can get some very good results from the Intel Core i5-2500K overclocking.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

I'll put a 212+ or a D-14 on before i'd consider over clocking it.

m
l
!