Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New PC won't power my monitor

Last response: in Systems
September 4, 2010 4:14:44 PM

:( 

Just finished building my new PC. Hit the power button all the fans turned on, i have a green light for the mother board, and a red light on the processor led. Is the processor led supposed to be red? I have a Asus P7p55d-e pro motherboard. It just wont power on my monitor, the light on my monitor stays amber and doesn't show anything. Any ideas?

More about : power monitor

September 4, 2010 4:30:41 PM

i think i found the problem, last time i built a computer i had a AGP video card, these new cards insert into the mobo and also have a power connection from the PS i guess. I see two plug ins with 6 holes each side by side, do i need to plug both in or just one? The 2 page instruction manual isnt any help heh :/ 
m
l
a c 104 B Homebuilt system
a c 103 C Monitor
September 4, 2010 4:33:12 PM

According to page 2-41 in your mobo manual a light on the CPU led means that there is something wrong.
m
l
Related resources
a c 103 C Monitor
September 4, 2010 4:34:02 PM

prldecivic said:
i think i found the problem, last time i built a computer i had a AGP video card, these new cards insert into the mobo and also have a power connection from the PS i guess. I see two plug ins with 6 holes each side by side, do i need to plug both in or just one? The 2 page instruction manual isnt any help heh :/ 

Yes you need to plug in both connectors. Might be the reason for your CPU led.
m
l
September 4, 2010 4:39:42 PM

rolli59 said:
Yes you need to plug in both connectors. Might be the reason for your CPU led.

Great, thank you Rolli59 plugging it up now, hope it gets rid of the light.
m
l
September 4, 2010 4:58:55 PM

ugh, Plugged it in and still nothing on my monitor and the CPU led is still on. Sigh, guess i shouldn't of tried to build my own PC. I have no clue what to try.
m
l

Best solution

a c 103 C Monitor
September 4, 2010 5:04:59 PM

Follow the trouble shooting in here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/288241-31-read-postin... My first question is did you plug in the CPU fan?
September 4, 2010 5:09:51 PM

I will read the link, thank you.

I bought a cooler master hyper 212 plus and i plugged it into the CPU fan pins. The fan on the CM Hyper+ is working.
m
l
September 4, 2010 5:18:56 PM

I think step 2 of the link you gave me is my issue. I plugged in the big long connection from the powersupply to the motherboard, but the little plug near my CPU is empty. So i leave the big long connection installed in my motherboard and i also plug something into the one by the CPU? or do i take the long one out and plug one in by the CPU?
m
l
a c 103 C Monitor
September 4, 2010 5:22:02 PM

You need to have them both connected, one powers the board the other one the CPU. Just go through the guide and you will be fine.
m
l
September 4, 2010 5:35:20 PM

Thanks man, you really saved me a big headache. That was exactly my problem. The red light went away and it booted right up. You rock.
m
l
September 4, 2010 5:35:47 PM

Best answer selected by prldecivic.
m
l
!