prldecivic

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
:(

Just finished building my new PC. Hit the power button all the fans turned on, i have a green light for the mother board, and a red light on the processor led. Is the processor led supposed to be red? I have a Asus P7p55d-e pro motherboard. It just wont power on my monitor, the light on my monitor stays amber and doesn't show anything. Any ideas?

prldecivic

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
i think i found the problem, last time i built a computer i had a AGP video card, these new cards insert into the mobo and also have a power connection from the PS i guess. I see two plug ins with 6 holes each side by side, do i need to plug both in or just one? The 2 page instruction manual isnt any help heh :/

Yes you need to plug in both connectors. Might be the reason for your CPU led.

prldecivic

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I think step 2 of the link you gave me is my issue. I plugged in the big long connection from the powersupply to the motherboard, but the little plug near my CPU is empty. So i leave the big long connection installed in my motherboard and i also plug something into the one by the CPU? or do i take the long one out and plug one in by the CPU?