Clodis

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Hello Guys,

First of all I want to say that I am not sure that the category where I posted is the right one, so please move it in case is wrong.

Now let's get to the subject. These are my specs:

Phenom x4 9650 2.31 GHz
6 GB RAM memoy
Asus M2N-E motherboard
HD Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
Video Gigabyte GTX 460
Power Everest 85Plus 600W
Mouse Steelseries Xai
Monitor Samsung 2233rz 120HZ
Keyboard Razer Arctosa
Windows 7 x64

The main issue is related to mouse which is not working properly, it has a delay in response. In the past 2 years because of this issue, as the FPS games are unplayble, I did change a couple of mouses: 2xG5, MX518, Razer Copperhead, Intelli 3.0, Mionix Naos 5000, hopping the the problem will dissapear and it didn't. So I assume that it has to do with the USB.

I noticed in the past days that when the mouse is pluged in a new USB where the mouse wasn't before the driver is installing and after that the mouse works excellent for a couple of minutes, than slowly the lag is starting. I tried this 3 times (as I have 4 USB) and each time was the same.

The only thing that I could think of looking on the internet si the USB Bandwidth however I didn't find a way to change this.

So please if you bumped into this issue before or if you have any idea let me know and I will check as I don't know what to do else.

Also I want to mention that the mouse is used at a polling rate of 1000 HZ, both keyboard and mouse are pluged in USB, motherboard drivers are the latest from Nvidia site.

Apologize for any english mistakes.

Kind regards
Claudiu

Clodis

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
OK it seems that I finally found the solution. I will post here maybe there are other users with the same problem.

The issue was generated by the version of Bios installed. I had 5001 beta for Asus M2N-E. Downgrading to a stable version, 1703, fixed my problem.