Iiyama 4314 brightness problem!

MViper

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
Hello!

I've just bought a brand new Iiyama AS4314UT, and I have a question ..

Why is the lower part of the screen brighter than upper side? Is this usually for LCD's or is it something wrong?

This is my second iiyama 4314. The first one had the same problem, I returned it and got new one. But the new one it's the same. Especially noticable is on dark colours, like dark blue, dark green etc. Is this normal or am I so "lucky" to get 2 bad flatscreens?

For example, I can't work confortably in graphic programs like Paint shop pro. Don't get me wrong, I'm not graphics designer or whatsoever, I just love to make a background from time to time, and when I use dark colors it's always "shaded" by LCD. So there's not difference if I use shading or not, it's always shaded.

I was previously using CRT monitors. So, maybe I just need to adjust to LCD.

So, the main question is, is this "shading" common or it's not right?

I hope, that I'll get answers from testers, who tested this monitor here or from users of this monitor.

Thank you!

MViper

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
So, if I find a right viewing angle, everything will be okay, i mean, everything will be "flat" colors, not shaded?

Because, now i'm having around 90° angle.. and it's true if I go higher a little bit, the screen is a bit better, but if i'm sitting it's shaded.. if i start changing the angle, the upper part is .. how to put this.. "shiny".. kind of..

So, this is normal? For all LCD's or just this one?

Because i saw a lot of other manufactured LCD's, like LiteOn, LG, SONY, Samsung and it was fine and the viewing zone wasn't perfect either..

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
This is prevalent in many lcd's, obviously the better the viewing angle, the less this will occur. I've seen some lcd's w/ a 170º that look pretty good with respect to not being shaded, but also realize that the generally accepted viewing angle is where the monitor is 1/10 its normal contrast, but manufacturers sometimes don't follow this too much.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

MViper

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
Yes, i agree, but before i bought anything, i checked all the possible LCD's, Like SONY X71, Samsung 171T, 171P, Samsung 152T, SONY X52, LiteOn [i don't know exactly which model] and some other manufactures.. And none of them had this kind of problem! Every other Flatscreen had evenly shaded display.. And I'm in contact with iiyama.co.uk which are saying that the screen should be even, and the 125° angle should not make any difference.. So i'm really confused if I should change it or not..