Extracting files

On my new Win XP computer, when I try to extract files from a zipped file,
the only choice I find on the context menu is a trial version of WinZip. Yet
my other Win XP systems have an "Extract All" choice on the context menu. I
thought that that was supposed to be part of Win XP Pro.
Thanks for any suggestions on how
to get "Extract All."
CMA

Hi

Type the following from Start>Run, then try to extract the files::

regsvr32 zipfldr.dll

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"cmar" <cma16@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On my new Win XP computer, when I try to extract files from a zipped file,
> the only choice I find on the context menu is a trial version of WinZip.
> Yet my other Win XP systems have an "Extract All" choice on the context
> menu. I thought that that was supposed to be part of Win XP Pro.
> Thanks for any suggestions on
> how to get "Extract All."
> CMA

Thanks, Will. The "regsvr32 "ran successfully." Still, even after a reboot,
I don't see and "Extract all" on context menu. My only choice still seems to
be WinZip Trial.
CMA

> Hi
>
> Type the following from Start>Run, then try to extract the files::
>
> regsvr32 zipfldr.dll
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "cmar" <cma16@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On my new Win XP computer, when I try to extract files from a zipped
>> file, the only choice I find on the context menu is a trial version of
>> WinZip. Yet my other Win XP systems have an "Extract All" choice on the
>> context menu. I thought that that was supposed to be part of Win XP Pro.
>> Thanks for any suggestions on
>> how to get "Extract All."
>> CMA

Hi

If you are not going to be using WinZip, try to delete it via Add/Remove
Programs. Then run the Start>Run command again.

--

> Thanks, Will. The "regsvr32 "ran successfully." Still, even after a
> reboot, I don't see and "Extract all" on context menu. My only choice
> still seems to be WinZip Trial.
> CMA

>> Hi
>>
>> Type the following from Start>Run, then try to extract the files::
>>
>> regsvr32 zipfldr.dll
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "cmar" <cma16@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> On my new Win XP computer, when I try to extract files from a zipped
>>> file, the only choice I find on the context menu is a trial version of
>>> WinZip. Yet my other Win XP systems have an "Extract All" choice on the
>>> context menu. I thought that that was supposed to be part of Win XP Pro.
>>> Thanks for any suggestions on
>>> how to get "Extract All."
>>> CMA

Simply removing Winzip from the system did the trick!
Thanks, CMA

> Hi
>
> If you are not going to be using WinZip, try to delete it via Add/Remove
> Programs. Then run the Start>Run command again.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "cmar" <cma16@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks, Will. The "regsvr32 "ran successfully." Still, even after a
>> reboot, I don't see and "Extract all" on context menu. My only choice
>> still seems to be WinZip Trial.

Glad your problem is sorted.