Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus P8P67 M-Pro running sli with sound card

Last response: in Motherboards
July 22, 2011 7:59:17 PM

I'm looking at running an Asus P8P67 M-Pro in sli with a Zonar DX sound card in a Lian Li PC-V354 case. I'm wondering if the PCIe x 1 slots will be blocked by gpu cards or the case constraints. Also what would be a good cpu cooler small enough to clear the psu. I will probally go ATX if i'm unsure this can work, thanks.

More about : asus p8p67 pro running sli sound card

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 23, 2011 6:39:38 AM

No way. Current video cards occupy two slots. Get some ATX mobo. Look for one that has a PCIex1 slot above the first video card slot. You have the sound card already?
July 23, 2011 8:36:56 AM

Thanks for the reply, you confirmed my suspicions. I'm going mATX to save dollars and lessen desktop space. My other option is just forget about sli and put the sound card in the second PCIe x 16 slot. Not sure if the PCIe x 1 card will be accepted though. No I haven't purchased the card yet.
m
l
Related resources
July 23, 2011 11:15:51 AM

Thanks very much mosox for the heads up on the Xonar D1. I will probally go with that card and not bother with sli. It's a shame the Lian Li PC-V354 case has 5 expansion ports but as far as I can tell no mATX mobo's support it.
m
l
July 30, 2011 4:09:53 AM

Best answer selected by Spindry.
m
l
!