Will Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B and Thermaltake V9 black work well together?

onn_e

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
The board is Asus P7P55D-E Pro.
And there's CF 2 x 5870 in there as well.
1 WD Black.
1 OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

The V9 black has huge fans and should be relatively quiet with silent 230mm fans installed.
I'm thinking airflow directions here. Contemplating if I should get this case or a conventional front-to-back tunnel, which might go better with the airflow direction of the Mugen. One other example I have in mind is Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P50.

Which option will be colder? Which will be louder?
Thanks

Solution
You are deciding between the case I have (V9 windowless side panel) and the case I want.

My vote goes to the PC-P50 as the cable management in that case is superior. The front fans are less blocked by the HDD bays. It has an extra 2mm of width - you certainly won't get the Mugen into the V9 with the top side fan installed. With side fans my GPU idle temps dropped 5C, the load temps stayed the same. It was my first build so I have a loud video card and stock AMD heatsink fan, all fan bays filled up and my system is not quiet. Maybe better choice in fans, aftermarket heatsink or a fan controller would help my system be quieter tho - I kind of doubt it - next time I build every component will have been chosen because it performs quietly...
You are deciding between the case I have (V9 windowless side panel) and the case I want.

My vote goes to the PC-P50 as the cable management in that case is superior. The front fans are less blocked by the HDD bays. It has an extra 2mm of width - you certainly won't get the Mugen into the V9 with the top side fan installed. With side fans my GPU idle temps dropped 5C, the load temps stayed the same. It was my first build so I have a loud video card and stock AMD heatsink fan, all fan bays filled up and my system is not quiet. Maybe better choice in fans, aftermarket heatsink or a fan controller would help my system be quieter tho - I kind of doubt it - next time I build every component will have been chosen because it performs quietly.

You might wanna have a look at SPCR's recommended case list if quiet is important to you.

Solution