Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card compatible with i7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 30, 2010 2:29:58 PM

Hello,what is the best graphic card compatible with intel i7 in term of cost and quality
July 30, 2010 2:34:45 PM

Quote:
Hello,what is the best graphic card compatible with intel i7 in term of cost and quality

Well imo, any Radeon 5800 series is a good choice. which is around 300$+ depending of your budget. Check out a few benchmark on the web. They always test it with a few Nvidia GPU on a i7 system ( most of the time the extreme version of the i7) but you can find a lot of benchmark with a i7 920.

I was a fan of Nvidia back in the past with their 8800GTS....but I switched quickly to ATI because NVVIDIA cannot keep the pace in the past year. I own a HD 5870 and I'm very pleased for the moment :) 

Also, check out what's your needs. ( Gaming, Watching Video.....)

Depending of the max resolution of your screen, your power supply you may have a lot of options for lower budget cards
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 30, 2010 2:46:51 PM

But if you're not gaming and just getting something so the i7 can display stuff on the monitor, a HD5450/G210/HD4350 would do just fine.
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
July 30, 2010 3:27:49 PM

Yeah depends what usage you want to get out of it... almost any PCIe graphics card will *work* but maybe not for what you want to do, like gaming... Also, depends mostly on your motherboard not your CPU. Just need to have open PCIe lanes and you can stick just about any GPU in there. Tell us what mother board, which i7, and what power source you have as well as what you want to use the graphics card for and how much you're willing to spend ($100 for low end, $200-$300 for good, $400+ for awesome)
m
l
Related resources
!