Sign in with
Your question

New build help :(

Last response: in Motherboards
July 23, 2011 12:45:27 PM

Hi i was wondering if anyone can get me out of this jam im in...........so ive just built my second computer (kind of a noob) and it posted perfectly fine on the first try other than the fact that none of my usb's work. The board is an asus rampage 3 extreme and i know for sure it needs a bios update. Right now all i can use is an old ps/2 keyboard to get around the bios and stuff. I tried loading network adapters off the provided cd but that didnt work so i have no access to the internet from the actual comp itself. I DO however have the latest bios for the board on a thumb drive, obv thats no help right now.

So what do i do? Am i even right to think a bios update will solve my usb problem?

More about : build

July 23, 2011 12:49:25 PM

Sorry i forgot to mention i still have power to the usbs, just nothing gets recognized, which is why i think it needs a bios update the bios on it right now is from 2010 ummm 1101 i think

any help would be greatly appreciated
m
l
July 23, 2011 2:19:44 PM

Can you burn the drivers onto a CD/DVD from another computer and access it through your second computers CD/DVD reader?
m
l
!