Issue about Radeon Vapor-X 5870 1GB

sssnnnake

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Hi guys

I have a bit strange problem and i want to ask you for advice.So the problem is :

Recently i bought 5870 and i use the driver which is provided with the card package.As you know this driver is outdated of course.So i decide to update it.I downloaded the latest version from Ati website and install it, but after installation i was unable to put my monitor to work at 85 Hertz ( my monitor is CRT 19 inches which is definetely old and i plan to buy a new monitor ).But with my old driver i was able to use 85 Hertz.So i want to ask you - is there any possibilty my card to have some problem ? I tried some other old version of the driver but they too doesnt able to make my monitor to work at 85 hertz.So i dont what to think if the monitor is the problem this is fine to me :) but if the card are malfunctioned i should have to use my warranty.

So please guys advice me what to do_Obviously i will buy new monitor but does the card have problem ?

Thank you in advance

sssnnnake

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
didn't see the part about CRT. You should get a LCD, it will run at 60 Hertz

Yes looks like you didnt see it :p I will get LCD :) But i still want to know is it possible my graphic card to be malfunctioned.Looks like its a tough issue :p

4745454b

Titan
Wow. Some people need to stop and reread this before trying to answer...

In my experience when you only have 60hz showing the drivers are not installed correctly. Make sure you have the .net framework installed, and you might want to try using that driversweeper program. Don't install the DVD drivers, just the ones from the website. Can you change your resolution?

sssnnnake

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Wow. Some people need to stop and reread this before trying to answer...

In my experience when you only have 60hz showing the drivers are not installed correctly. Make sure you have the .net framework installed, and you might want to try using that driversweeper program. Don't install the DVD drivers, just the ones from the website. Can you change your resolution?

I have installed .net framework or at least version which is required for Catalyst Control Center.It was 2.0 as i remember.I use driver sweeper to clean the whole ati contents, after that i installed the latest version of driver from Ati website.After installation the setup want to restart my pc, also i checked the driver packing version before and after installation of the new driver, the driver is changed but i can use only 60 hertz and i can choose all of the resolutions but only at 60 hertz not much not less.When i install the old driver came with the video card always work.One more thing, with the latest driver,the button in CCC which is named "force" in desktop properties disappear.The same button can be used when i am with the old driver.

My monitor is Philips 190B7, max ress 1600x1200 at 60 , i want to use 1280x1024 at 85 which is available on the old driver but not in the latest

Please if u need more info about something let me know and big thanks for your time