Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Screens turn off on First boot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 30, 2010 8:38:50 PM

Video card I have is a 9800 GX2
I just bought a new Monitor 25" running at 1920x1080, and I have a secondary 22" running at 1680x1050 both running with DVI connections. My old configuration was the 22" and a old 17" monitor at 1280x1024 the 22" was with a DVI but the 17" was with a DVI to VGA adapter.

Ever since I got the new set up, the first time boot, the computer gets to the desktop screen then both monitors lose signal and go to sleep, some times they come back on after 10-30 seconds, but most of the time I haft to rest the computer, when it reboots one monitor comes back at a low resolution and in the device manager one card has a yellow exclamation mark next to it with a code 43 as the status, the other one has a arrow pointing down and it said it is disabled, when I enable it, the computer need to reboot and once it does it all monitors work and are at the right resolution and I don't have any problems, tell the next time.

I installed the newest drives on Nvidia's websight with no change.

Also I kinda have a jarryriged power setup, because I didn't have the 8 pin connector on the Power supply so I made my own, from a 2 molex to 6 pin with 2 pin extra pins spliced in there . So far it has worked perfectly, for at least 6 months. But if it was a power problem why would it work the third time around, and I have played Crysis, just cause 2, and done some benchmarking, and haven't have any problems. Those take a lot more power then any windowed desktop would.

This is quickly getting supper annoying so any help would be very appreciated :) 

More about : screens turn boot

Best solution

a c 153 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 31, 2010 2:34:43 AM

You could need drivers for the monitors...
July 31, 2010 5:38:41 PM

Nope that didn't work :( 

I have a spair Hard drive I am going to install Windowes on that and see if the problem continues. Hopfuly it is just a drivers that is messed up some where. And will be fixed on a clean install.
m
l
Related resources
August 10, 2010 5:45:27 AM

Well the clean install worked, So I just reinstalled my OS on my other drive (I was planning on this anyways but this just speeded things up a bit). Must have been to left over drivers or something that was messing with it.
m
l
August 20, 2010 1:23:43 AM

Best answer selected by Catsrules.
m
l
!