GTX 460 Resolution problem

Lordochu

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hi all,

I have a 40" HDTV that has a 1920 x 1080p native resolution, and windows 7 recommends this resolution too. But when I choose this resolution, it cuts off portion of the screen. I downloaded the latest drivers, but I am not sure how to fix this problem. If I plug my cousins computer with an ati HD5770 into my tv, it displays 1920 x 1080 just fine. This has me puzzled and I was hoping someone might know the problem. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

G

I have tried nvidia control panel does not work.... i have alba 40 inch that wroked perfect with my old 8800gt, which i recently upgraded to the GX 460 top Ed....how disappointing!
does anyone have a solution?
drivers 260

zucchini

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
try nvidia control panel again. under display, to the left click adjust desktop size and see if nvidia scaleing is enabled. if it is try playing withe differnt options there.

oo00ooz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Hi Thanks

I should have mentioned that i also use a 20" samsung monitor, and wanted the display's to show the taskbar on both displays.

I figured it out - the only way to show it on both displays at the right size is to use either /or display...one or the other

- not both at the same time, unless u extend the display of course.

I did in the end have to use the nVidia settings to re-size the 40" TV, but sadly can only use one monitor at a time:

---the easiest way is to show desktop on TV only,

---then when the TV is on it automatically displays correctly on the monitor.

---Vice versa when monitor is off it displays correctly on the TV.

---and when both are on the monitor will be black. =))