IRC Unreal chats?

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal,alt.games.unreal.tournament,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there are any active Unreal IRC chats going on under
any networks these days? Back in the day, I went to irc.gameslink.net
#unreal back around 1998, it was pretty awesome.

I know there is a alt.games.unreal.tournament chatroom on QuakeNET-- I
went there for a bit a year or two ago but there's only a few idlers
there and no conversations.

I prefer chats geared towards the classic Unreals, but any kind of chat
for Unreal will work.

Thanks.
--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal,alt.games.unreal.tournament,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

irc.enterthegame.com
look for the list....
!list

"Shinnokxz" <shinnokxz@charter.net> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
>
> I was wondering if there are any active Unreal IRC chats going on under
> any networks these days? Back in the day, I went to irc.gameslink.net
> #unreal back around 1998, it was pretty awesome.
>
> I know there is a alt.games.unreal.tournament chatroom on QuakeNET-- I
> went there for a bit a year or two ago but there's only a few idlers there
> and no conversations.
>
> I prefer chats geared towards the classic Unreals, but any kind of chat
> for Unreal will work.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
> Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001

Shinnokxz wrote:

> I know there is a alt.games.unreal.tournament chatroom on QuakeNET-- I
> went there for a bit a year or two ago but there's only a few idlers
> there and no conversations.

quakenet is still pretty much *the* place for online gaming chat.

Most ut chat seems to be clan oriented, and if you play on certain
servers they often have clans or communities based around them.

Two examples.

Truff's servers. UK based but multinational support. www.truff.net and
#truff on quakenet. 80 idlers there now, perkier evenings. Great
community, nice people, great servers. I'm a member and love it. :)

i4games. Also great servers but require registration to play. Also good
community. www.i4games.net #i4games - 71 idlers. Also european. Best
monsterhunt server around. :)

Both sets of servers appear in ut's browser lists, or the websites give
details. Both have less lame play than the majority of servers because
of good adminning.

--
Flash

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal,alt.games.unreal.tournament,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Ah, thanks for the awesome post, Flash. Those servers sound pretty fun,
pity I live in NA where my ping probably won't be so hot. Anyways,
thanks again for the reply-- I should've figured that a community-like
chat from 1998 probably has evolved into to chats geared around servers
and clans.

I was never too keen to the idea of clans-- the closest one I've been
involved in was just a group of real-life buddies I knew that likes
Counter-strike. Likewise, I'm sort of a nomad when it comes to servers..
I've been playing FPS for almost 7 years and I don't think I've been a
regular anywhere.. just blowing around based by the ping.

Anyways, thanks again.