Group Policy Editor in XP Home?

I have two computers, one is running MCE 2005 and the other is Windows XP
Home. On the MCE computer I can run gpedit.msc to configure a program to
run at shutdown.

When I try to run gpedit.msc on the XP Home machine it can't find the
program. going into mmc and trying to add the snap-in also does not find
this program.

Is gpedit.msc not a part of XP Home? Can I copy it from my MCE machine to
the XP Home box and run it? Is there another way in XP Home to run a
program automatically at shutdown?

I'm running pagefile.exe to give me a log of pagefile sizes so I can
accurately set my pagefiles up.

Thanks

Hi

gpedit.msc is not available in XP Home Edition. Try the following program
by Doug Knox:

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"John Kaess" <johnkaess@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have two computers, one is running MCE 2005 and the other is Windows XP
>Home. On the MCE computer I can run gpedit.msc to configure a program to
>run at shutdown.
>
> When I try to run gpedit.msc on the XP Home machine it can't find the
> program. going into mmc and trying to add the snap-in also does not find
> this program.
>
> Is gpedit.msc not a part of XP Home? Can I copy it from my MCE machine to
> the XP Home box and run it? Is there another way in XP Home to run a
> program automatically at shutdown?
>
> I'm running pagefile.exe to give me a log of pagefile sizes so I can
> accurately set my pagefiles up.
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS