apkostka

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hello,

I bought components for a build last night. Asus M4A87TD EVO Motherboard, Asus 300 case, and I originally had a Rosewill RG430-s12 430W PSU. The green LED indicating power to the motherboard worked, but when I pressed the power button on the fron panel nothing happened. I was unable to get a reading from the PSU on my multimeter, so I went and bought a 550W PSU and hooked it up. Still nothing. Possible problems I see (but you guys and gals will know better than I would):
Soft button on front panel not functioning.
Incorrect wattage (I ran it through several PSU calculators and got anywhere from 205-340W.
Motherboard problem.

Please, please help!

Rosewill PSUs are not known to be great PSUs. Anyway, a PSU with a higher wattage than required is a good idea.

Check the 8-pins CPU power plug and make sure it is well seated. Same with the 24-pins connector.

What make and model is the new PSU?

rogbur22

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Make double sure your system header pins are placed correctly ie the Power LeD, HDD LeD, PWR SW, Reset, etc. if the pins are backwards or anything like reversed power side on ground etc it will not start the machine.

apkostka

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Ok, here's an update: I bought an Antec EA-750 (they didn't have Corsair at my local shop) and now, when I press the power button, the LEDs, CPU fan and PSU fan come on for a split second and then turn off (they don't even go a full rotation). Thoughts?