Sign in with
Your question

BIOS won\'t recognize SATA Hard Drive

Last response: in Storage
December 13, 2012 8:13:27 PM

Hi, I just replaced my motherboard and CPU and after all of that was said and done, booted up to find that my Western Digital hard drive is labeled as "Generic Storage Device" in the BIOS and the computer will not boot to it. Everything worked fine before the new hardware. Any ideas or insight to fix the issue will surely prevent my future torment.
a c 125 G Storage
December 13, 2012 8:24:26 PM

neophytexero said:
Hi, I just replaced my motherboard and CPU and after all of that was said and done, booted up to find that my Western Digital hard drive is labeled as "Generic Storage Device" in the BIOS and the computer will not boot to it. Everything worked fine before the new hardware. Any ideas or insight to fix the issue will surely prevent my future torment.

with the mb replacment boot into safe mode of the os that installed and install the mb chipset drivers. once there installed reboot and see that the drive comes up right. if not boot back into safe mode and open the device tree. do to the new mb there doing to be muilt devices shown..the old mb and the new mb devices. remove everything so that the device manager is blank and reboot.
m
l
!