Dec 12, 2012
Tried to resize my primary partition and add a secondary one in Paragon Partition Manager. I left the room and let the computer do its thing. Come back to find the operation failed and now my computer boot loops into "Startup Repair is checking your system for problems..."

Where do I go from here? I just created a Hiren's BootCD USB Key as well as a PartedMagic USB Key, but what can I do with these? I don't want to mess anything up even more, if that's possible. I can't seem to boot into safe mode or load windows' last known good configuration, if those would even help anything. I would like to avoid a complete reformat if at all possible. If there's any way I can just "undo" the partition and go back that would be perfect... If not, is there any way I can salvage the files on the hard drive? I've never had problems partitioning and I have no idea how to fix this :(

PC is a Vizio CA24-A2 All-In-One, it didn't come with a recovery disc and doesn't have an optical disc drive. It's running Windows 7 Signature. I was just about to install norton ghost and back everything up, when trying to install ghost windows said it was known to have compatibility issues so i put it off until tomorrow like an idiot.

sevacallDOTcom

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Usually when I repartition a drive, I have to fix the mbr (master boot record) by inserting a Win7 disc and running with the 'Startup Repair' option.

If you don't have a Win7 disc, here is the iso (http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65805/X15-65805.iso) that you can burn to a DVD or USB to give it a go.

Dec 12, 2012
I ran chkdsk /f and it failed because the volume is write protected. I wonder if it has something to do with the manufacturer installed recovery partition.

Is there any way I can force chkdsk /f to go past the write protection? I think if I could get around the write protection and do a chkdsk /f then it should solve my problems and allow me to fix the MBR properly.

Here's what the repair disc for Windows gives me
j7ZF3.jpg

Thanks