Antec 900 Should i regret my decision?

Adamm07x

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
I have been reading that alot of people love antec's thick steel and good quiet cooling fans; but i have also been reading that some newer graphics cards don't fit, and cable management is terrible.

How has your experience been with the case? i was gonna go with the Coolermaster Haf x 932 case due to its tooless design, i'm not really sure why i didn't go with the haf x i like the red leds> blues, and it has a LED shutoff switch which is just fantastic.

If i get some advice to go wtih the haf x instead Will i be stuck with the antec 900 from newegg? i don't see anywhere to just Return for credit. it's all replacement with the same Cases.

Edit*** I also got a modular powersupppy as i thought that would help with most cable management.

OK. I have three 900's. I sort of standardized on them back when there were few gaming cases.

All in all, I like them.

Pros: Excellent cooling, running fans on LOW. Running fans faster does not improve cooling in my case.

Cons: Poor cable management. It would have been nice if Antec had put about three more holes in the motherboard tray.

I ended up modding my cases for cable management:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/264112-28-antec

I wouldn't worry too much about video cards fitting. There' plenty of room for most of the cards on the market. And the middle drive bay has a plastic fan holder that can be removed. And if you really need to, you can always trim back part of the drive bay if it gets in the way.

Now, this is all a fair amount of work to do - 2 to 3 hours if you are pretty handy with tools and newer cases do not need this.

And the Antec 900 does not come with a system speaker. Now days, more cases don't either.

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
As said the 902 is basically the 900 with some cable routing, black interior and a slightly different external top to it, youll be happy with the 900, but depending on the price you may not have got the best value for money

AMW1011

Distinguished
Well I'm going to be the odd one out apparently, in that I hate the case. Every Antec I've ever seen (300,900,902,1200) except the Performance One series has been sh-t quality in my opinion. The paint finish looks like sandpaper, they are really hard to build in, lack almost all cable management, have the most scratch prone windows I've ever seen, are ALWAYS loud (not that I personally care), and are pretty ugly to me (Performance One series excluded).

I owned an Antec 900 once and hated it, and have used an Antec 300 before as well as seen a 1200.

Just my opinion, but I think there are far better cases than the Antecs.

Budget = NZXT Beta
mid-range = Cooler Master 690 or Lian Li PC-K56/58/60/62
High end = Silverstone RV02/FT02

AMW1011

Distinguished

Eh, I still wish I would have gotten a P180 in stead. Looked better, cooled about the same, was much quieter, and was built far better. But that's just my opinion. Also, I believe Cooler Master had some good cases back in the day too.

TRENDING THREADS