N-Charge II External Battery System and Toshiba A15

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
December 18, 2004 4:41:29 PM

Anyone has used the N-Charge II External Battery System with a Toshiba
A15-S129? The N-Charge II battery system claims about 5 hours use, but
I am only getting 1.5 hours when used with my Toshiba A15-S129 laptop.
This is a far cry from the 5 hours the product claims - only 30% of
that claim. Is there something wrong with my N-Charge battery?
Anyone with similar experiences with their N-Charge external battery?
December 18, 2004 10:47:31 PM

I doubt there is anything wrong with the battery. You are running a 2.4ghz
Celeron processor. P4's and to a lesser degree celerons, use up quite a bit
of power. You could probably get close to the 5hr mark with a centrino
notebook using a program like word, with the screen dimmed. The toshiba A
series is made to be cheap. Therefore, cheap parts are used, such as the
celeron you're running.

!