Problem with Video Card in XP

Hi,

I have the following problem. Recently I had to remove my video card. I have
a Samsung 17" TFT and a nVidia GeForce 4 Video Card. The first problem that
occur was that the TFT did not worked with the Standard Resolution of
1280x1024. This was the resolution that I have used for more than 2 months
now. So I have entered Safe Mode and deleted the nVidia Graphic Card from the
Device Manager as I thought that this will do. However after the reboot in
Standard Mode the Windows XP said that there is only Standard Video
Controller installed and denies to install any other drivers. The resolution
is 1024x768 and the colours are locked to 16-bit. I have searched a lot in
the Internet, including in the Official MS Site. The problem is more
complicated and serious that it seems. I am sure that if I edit the Registry
and/or remove/replace some drivers of the motherboard/chipset the problem
will be resolved. However in order to do that I need someone who have already
solved such problem or close to it. Can anybody help me? I will appreciate
any reply. Thank you in advance!
--
Knowledge is Power!

These may help.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/support/b2c_support_index.jsp?eUser=

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"KaloianNT" wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I have the following problem. Recently I had to remove my video card. I
have
| a Samsung 17" TFT and a nVidia GeForce 4 Video Card. The first problem
that
| occur was that the TFT did not worked with the Standard Resolution of
| 1280x1024. This was the resolution that I have used for more than 2 months
| now. So I have entered Safe Mode and deleted the nVidia Graphic Card from
the
| Device Manager as I thought that this will do. However after the reboot in
| Standard Mode the Windows XP said that there is only Standard Video
| Controller installed and denies to install any other drivers. The
resolution
| is 1024x768 and the colours are locked to 16-bit. I have searched a lot in
| the Internet, including in the Official MS Site. The problem is more
| complicated and serious that it seems. I am sure that if I edit the
Registry
| and/or remove/replace some drivers of the motherboard/chipset the problem
| will be resolved. However in order to do that I need someone who have
already
| solved such problem or close to it. Can anybody help me? I will appreciate
| any reply. Thank you in advance!
| --
| Knowledge is Power!

Thank you for the fast responce, Dave!

However the problem is not actually with the drivers, but with the Windows
itself. Fortunatelly after 8 hours of reading through the windows and google
documents I have found the solution and resolved the situation. I have used
Winternals ERD Commander and restored the whole windows system state with a
restore point of 2 days ago. And everything worked just fine. The whole
procedure took 20 minutes. And I did not have the need to install/reinstall
any drivers at all.
--
Knowledge is Power!