Stick to my gorgeous CM690-II Advanced or swap to HAF-X?

Riki94

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Should I stick to my Coolermaster CM690-II Advanced case or would I be better off with the HAF-X?
I am planning to go water cooled in the future so that's really important.

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
The CM690 II Advanced has very good water cooling ability as is... there are two spots that rads can be placed; a dual rad at the bottom if you remove the HDD bay, and the top has space for a 240mm rad + fan space. So your current case has very good self contained water cooling capability, and it has two grommets at the back for better water coolers. The Haf-X has three grommets on the back panel for another loop.

Up to you and what liquid coolers you're looking for, but personally i'd just stick with the 690-II Advanced :)

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
water cooling is not advisable for a mid tower... but the CM 690 II advanced is a pretty good case with lotta cooling options... except for their placement for the watercooling rads... i would prefer the fans to blow out through the rads from the top or rear but never draw air through them in the first place let alone at the bottom...

I own a Haf X... and they have the ideal place for radiator placement... bang at the top exhausting through the rads... and the airflow in the case is awesome... if you can afford it try selling the present case and going for this... you'll not regret it...