Solved

LCD Monitor Green Vertical Line

I get a green vertical line on the right side on my monitor. It is an Acer X233H and the line is on all the time. During bios, windows and even when the computer is off and the monitor doesn't have a signal. Monitor issue or is there something that I'm missing. I checked the connections and everything is fine. I just replaced my 600w ps with a 750w because the 600w burnt out. Thanks for the help guys.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor green vertical line
  1. Best answer
    if the green line is there when the computer is off, then it is a bad monitor
  2. yep, you need a new lcd. See if it is still under warranty, acer offer 3 year warranty i believe
  3. Before you RMA the monitor, verify that both ends of your video cable are securely fastened (with both the monitor and PC powered off). If both ends are screwed on tight and you have the same issue, then RMA it. Good luck!
  4. it happens when he has no signal connected to the monitor, so its not the cable or connectors...
  5. That may be true, but verification of connections must be done before RMAing. I have seen similar issues in the past by poorly connected cables. There is no harm to rule out a potential problem.
  6. Best answer selected by snippyz.
  7. COLGeek said:
    Before you RMA the monitor, verify that both ends of your video cable are securely fastened (with both the monitor and PC powered off). If both ends are screwed on tight and you have the same issue, then RMA it. Good luck!
  8. The cables are tight some internal part has failed
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Green LCD Monitor Monitors Graphics