Your question

Geforce GTX 460

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 31, 2010 9:42:08 AM

Is this a future proof video card,because it seems that the benchmark keeps on dropping down in value?
Im planning getting an EVGA GTX460 1GB superclock for the gaming.Thanks in advance.

More about : geforce gtx 460

a c 153 U Graphics card
July 31, 2010 9:53:50 AM

I don't get why people say future proof? Future proof for what? 2015? Or for 2012?

Anyway, what do you mean benchmarks keeps dropping down in value? The card can't get worse...

You can just get an EVGA GTX460 normal version and overclock it yourself (higher then the SC EVGA put on it anyway).

What is your resolution? CPU, Motherboard and RAM and PSU?
m
l
July 31, 2010 11:50:35 AM

Im in the market of buying a new gaming pc at the moment.The monitor is 21.5"
Led,Full HD at 1920 x 1080.At the moment im just using the (out of the box from the shop cheap pc),just an old saying.Well dont look at me for typing Future Proof because i got that saying from another thread,so it wasnt my idea.Any way,last time i checked the benchmark on this card,it was at 2,224 or there abouts on the www.passmark.com for the high end video cards benchmark and now it is 2,214,so it lost about 10 points.Higher score the better i believe and this passmark has got cpu and hard drive benchmark as well.
m
l
Related resources
a c 206 U Graphics card
July 31, 2010 3:24:45 PM

Thats only about a half percent difference, if you run the benchmark over and over again im sure you will have at least that much range in the results, and with the minor variants in each run and with driver updates 0.5% change in score is not at all significant.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2010 6:25:27 PM

Future Proof does not exist. If one really cares to be "future proof" they should buy the absolute highest end, most expensive video card available. But, since not many folks can afford that, find out what the best video card is for what you do now, and that you can afford and go that route.
m
l
August 1, 2010 6:52:38 AM

Ok,thank you and what do you think of the GTX460 video card,its affordable and runs well on with out using to much power.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2010 7:02:54 AM

The GTX 460 1 gb can handle most current games quite comfortably at that resolution.In case you need more power in the future you can add another one in SLI.The GTX 460 1GB is a great deal at around 230$.
m
l
August 1, 2010 7:38:58 AM

Wow cool,thank you and i appreciate that.The GTX 460 1gb should give fair amount of frame per seconds and smooth frame rates on the highest settings?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2010 7:47:39 AM

Antonythegamer said:
Wow cool,thank you and i appreciate that.The GTX 460 1gb should give fair amount of frame per seconds and smooth frame rates on the highest settings?

Yes, it should allow for smooth gameplay at highest settings with most games.At 1920x1200, you do not really need any AA and therefore it should be able to handle the most demanding games like Crysis.
m
l
!