Confusing Problem

omenx

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
I have had this problem for a while now when running certain games it would artifact and crash but I believe that was connected to bloom. Though recently my old video card an Evga 9800 gt gave out so i opted to buy a 465. The problem I have now is it still crashes but doesn't artifact. I have tried every suggested benchmark and I even tried another os to see it that was the culprit, but I can never replicate the problem in benchmarks and the problem still happened in the other os so I was wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this.

My system is:
Evga gtx 465
Amd Athlon 5600+
k9n2g neo motherboard
Rosewill 550 power supply
4Gb of corsair RAM

Solution
Signs point to your PS, could be drivers though.

Do you get driver errors from the desktop when it crashes - or does your system just turn off?

Uninstall drivers - driver clean your drivers - then reinstall them (latest whql drivers only).

Try a better PSU.

Good luck.

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Signs point to your PS, could be drivers though.

Do you get driver errors from the desktop when it crashes - or does your system just turn off?

Uninstall drivers - driver clean your drivers - then reinstall them (latest whql drivers only).

Try a better PSU.

Good luck.

Solution

omenx

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
Silver Surfer:Actually it just freezes and I actually have to hit the reset button. It also never shows any kind of warning or sign that it had just locked up when I restart it.

Rick: could you suggest a good power supply 550w or higher because the 465 says a minimum of 550w.