• Graphics Cards
  • Connection
  • VGA
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2010 3:01:51 PM

I've got the Acer x1700 PC, which is a slim-line type and I've just bought a low profile graphics card. Which is the Asus Radeon HD4650 1GB graphics card.

But there's a problem, the wire thats connected to the graphics card, that holds the VGA input socket, is waaay too short for my PC.

The graphics card that I used to have was the GeForce GT 9300 GE, the vga wire connection thing was an inch longer which fit perfectly into my pc, so that I could connect my VGA monitor to.

My question is, is there any way that I can buy a longer wire for my graphics card? If so, where?

Here is the picture so you know what I'm talking about...

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1452/p1000138.jpg

Hope someone can help, I'm desperate for it to work.

Thanks.

More about : 4650 graphics card

July 31, 2010 4:28:45 PM

I'm not sure if they sell those parts. That part is supposed to be the output VGA where the monitor connects to the card? Like, its supposed to be located on your card?
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 31, 2010 11:46:02 PM

johnxfire said:
I'm not sure if they sell those parts. That part is supposed to be the output VGA where the monitor connects to the card? Like, its supposed to be located on your card?

Yeah something like that mate, I'll post some pics tomorrow. Had a look today at PC World, they don't sell such things, then went to Maplins and they didn't have a clue either.

Do you know what these things are called?

@Timop, you mean use the wire from my 9300GE? Can't, I need a 16 pin connector for it.
August 1, 2010 2:19:28 AM

I have no idea what that's called. If its supposed to be on the card, how is it possible to remove and replace it? It looks like a 16pin power connector but I don't really know much about those small parts though. =\
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2010 2:23:01 AM

I still don't understand WHY you need it, just use a DVI->VGA converter and be happy.
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2010 3:44:30 AM

johnxfire said:
I have no idea what that's called. If its supposed to be on the card, how is it possible to remove and replace it? It looks like a 16pin power connector but I don't really know much about those small parts though. =\

I think what he means is, on a lot of low-profile video cards, there's no room for a second output because the card isn't tall enough. So to fix that, they use a little "bridge" like the one in the picture so that they can connect a second port without having it directly built in to the card. Kind of like using an extension cord in a place where there's no room for a regular outlet.

http://www.techawave.com/techawave/images/asi/ASKU84711...
http://itfanat.com/images/quick-test-geforce-9300-ge-ge...

Anyway ... I have no idea how this is even possible for it not to fit. The cable is just supposed to be a fixed length so it can reach from one point on the video card to another point on the video card. It shouldn't make a difference which PC you have.

If for some reason it still won't work, I'd just go with the recommendation above and use a DVI-to-VGA adapter on the other port.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 1, 2010 11:29:17 AM

Timop said:
I still don't understand WHY you need it, just use a DVI->VGA converter and be happy.

Ok man, CHILL!

Thanks for the link, I'll try the DVI - VGA converter.

Thanks for all your input guys, appreciate it.