New Motherboard, not detecting old hard drive

G

I Just finished putting together my pc, after my old motherboard broke. Everything is new apart from my old cd rom, and hard drive (which has my old xp os on it).

I managed to put everything together and got it to boot up, the motherboard screen came up then a black screen saying 'no hard disk is detected', it then goes onto a black screen saying 'Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key'

When i go into the bios the hard drive is not listed in the sata 1 slot where i plugged the hard drive in to. Im pretty certain that this isnt a case of the hard drive being broke as i have been using it in another pc recently and i can hear it spinning in my new set up.

Really stuck here and have no idea what to do, any help would be appreciated.

My new motherboard is an Asus M4A79XTD EVO
My old hard drive is (i think) a samsung sp2004c

If you need anymore details just ask, and i will do my best to acquire them.

G

Thanks for a quick reply...Okay then, i hope there is another solution though as i dont think i have my old CD and key still .

RussK1

Splendid
Enter settings and change boot priority order to the hard disk... After you do this it still isn't going to boot. It'll start to boot but blue screen on you. Sorry to tell you but you're going to have to re-install windows.