on the case of Fujitsu Siemens laptops - help needed

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 19, 2004 2:23:46 PM

Hi guys,

I would be very grateful if you could possible help me with some
suggestions.
It should be my first laptop and after some search I've got pretty much what
I want at Fujitsu Siemens laptops. What I would need from my laptop would
be:
1. Desktop replacement
2. Mainly multitasking like Matlab + Illustrator + Internet explorer at the
same time.
3. Sometimes video DV capture + postediting mpeg2 conversion with Canopus
Procoder 2.
I have evaluated buying a Sony Vaio (cool design) but couldnt find the
performance needed at a fair price (they are using 4200 rpm HD!? on their
last models).
Now I'm trying to find out what to choose among those three AMILOS (for
using as mentioned above). Is an AMD athlon 64 as good as Pentium 4 for
multitasking/video conversion ? What about a centrino 1.8 Mhz. Please let me
know if you have any suggestions. Do you know something about the quality of
Fujitsu Siemens laptops? Thank you.

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1845W
Mobile Intel® Pentium® 538 3,2 GHz, 1 MB L2C
HDD: 80 GB EIDE HD
RAM: 2 x 256 MB DDR SDRAM
15,4'' TFT WXGA, 1.280 x 800 Pixel
DVD+R/DL+RW-R-RW
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700(64bit), 128MB
Price: 1403 eur
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/Resources/14/966535680.p...

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO A 1630
AMD Athlon 64-3700+ / 2400 MHz
HDD: 60 GB
RAM: 512 (2x 256) MB/ RAM max.: 1024 MB/
15,4''/ WXGA (1280x768) Pixel
Double Layer DVD+/-RW/
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 Pro/ 128 MB
Price: 1475 eur
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/Resources/14/966535680.p...

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO M 1425
Mobile Intel Pentium-M 745 (Centrino),
HDD: 80 GB 5400 RPM
RAM: 1024 MB DDR RAM,
15.4" widescreen (16:10) med WXGA (1280x800)
DVD-RW
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 med 128MB DDR-RAM
Price: 1785 eur
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/Resources/114/1256644117...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 19, 2004 2:45:22 PM

The correct link for Fujitsu Siemens AMILO A 1630 is
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/Resources/211/38997532.p...

Sorry.

!