Difficulty sending messages in Outlook through Gmail

I am having trouble sending messages through Outlook via my Gmail or Yahoo
Mail accounts. I have set up the POP accounts, but both accounts fail when I
attempt to 'Test Account Settings.' Actually the first three steps complete
with no problems, but then it fails when it tries to send a test message. Any
ideas how to fix this? Thank you very much!
1 answer Last reply
More about difficulty sending messages outlook gmail

    "charlieruch" <charlieruch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am having trouble sending messages through Outlook via my Gmail or Yahoo
    >Mail accounts. I have set up the POP accounts, but both accounts fail when I
    >attempt to 'Test Account Settings.' Actually the first three steps complete
    >with no problems, but then it fails when it tries to send a test message. Any
    >ideas how to fix this? Thank you very much!

    Some mail providers require different logins when sending and
    recieving mail. Check the settings twice therefore.
    Further help with Outlook is available from

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

Configuration Outlook Gmail Windows XP