Your question

New Advice for Mobo on ~1100 Build

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
September 6, 2010 4:30:41 AM

So I'm nearing finally purchasing all my parts. I just have a last few questions on the Mobo and the final check to see if everything is compatible in my system.

Here are the specs:

i7 930

Cooler Master 212 Plus

EVGA Gtx 460 1gb

Seagate Barracuda 500gb

Antec Three Hundred

Corsair 6gb

Asus CD/DVD drive

Antec Earthwatts 750W

I'm trying to decide between the Asus P6x58de and the Asus P6T. I could save 40 dollars on the P6T and so i was wondering which one would be better overall based on performance and value for my system. Also, if I do not plan to overclock, do I need to buy the Cooler Master 212 Plus? And how easy is it to remove the stock cooler that comes with the i7 with the Cooler Master? Thanks and if also possible, can people check to see if everything will be compatible as well? I hope I made my build correctly. Thanks again everyone.

More about : advice mobo 1100 build

September 6, 2010 4:43:12 AM

XFX black edition 750 watt is 9$ less, modular, silverefficiency. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

IMO the Asus is a bit nicer, but the P6T would be fine. Even if you're not overclocking the CM 212+ is a lot quieter and cooler than the stock i7 heatsink. IMO it's worth getting.
m
l
September 6, 2010 4:50:32 AM

sp12 said:
XFX black edition 750 watt is 9$ less, modular, silverefficiency. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

IMO the Asus is a bit nicer, but the P6T would be fine. Even if you're not overclocking the CM 212+ is a lot quieter and cooler than the stock i7 heatsink. IMO it's worth getting.

I was looking to get the EA 750W with the Three hundred as a combo deal at newegg. It totaled to about 150 with tax and shipping included. Do you think it would be better for me to opt for the XFX black edition instead? Is being modular have a big impact on air flow and clutter and stuff? And how easy is it to remove the stock heatsink and place the 212 on? Thanks
m
l
!