Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

I need help with my wireless connection It disconnects every 5 minutes or so How

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Routers
  • Connection
Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 29, 2010 2:22:09 AM

Hello,
i have a belkin router not sure the "version" or anything aand an acer aspire 5532 laptop...it seems my internet will disconnect every 3-5-10 mins i just dont know what to do...but its bothering me... ive reset my router..that didnt help..it gets annoying please help anyone

More about : wireless connection disconnects minutes

a b à CPUs
November 29, 2010 5:24:20 AM

Hi ouwarrior3, Welcome to THW.

It would help greatly to know the model number of your router, it will be printed on the label.

First, do you know how to get into the router setup? If you can check what the signal strength is set to, it should be adjustable.
Score
0
a c 103 à CPUs
November 29, 2010 5:28:18 AM

Your neighbours are stealing your Wi-fi imo
Moto
Score
0
a b à CPUs
November 29, 2010 5:54:12 AM

In that case, well your in your setup, put a good password on your router. :) 

But.. stolen wifi causing disconnects? IDK much about wifi but can that be the cause?
Score
0
a c 103 à CPUs
November 29, 2010 5:59:35 AM

If the stealers (is that even a word? Tis now, bagsied it) bandwidth usage suddenly jumps, it could theoretically shunt the other people connected to it yes
I leave my mobile connected to my network whilst at home, but if I and my Gf both log into WoW, it disconnects the phone lol
Moto
Score
0
a b à CPUs
November 29, 2010 8:36:10 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
If the stealers (is that even a word? Tis now, bagsied it) bandwidth usage suddenly jumps, it could theoretically shunt the other people connected to it yes
I leave my mobile connected to my network whilst at home, but if I and my Gf both log into WoW, it disconnects the phone lol
Moto


Yes,I can see that especially if the OP is using an old Router especially with wireless B rather than G or the newer N type
or if it's not set up right (lacking passwords,encrypted etc.).
Myself I have a neighbor with a open router that I could use.I did use his router before for streaming Hulu videos for a while.Always encrypt your router's signals,use passwords,read the manual etc.If the router is of an older vulnerable type just ditch it and get a new one.
Score
0
a c 106 à CPUs
November 29, 2010 12:30:11 PM

It's a Belkin, pre-programmed to disconnect at random intervals. Worst routers I have ever come across.
Score
0
November 29, 2010 12:57:18 PM

thechief73 said:
Hi ouwarrior3, Welcome to THW.

It would help greatly to know the model number of your router, it will be printed on the label.

First, do you know how to get into the router setup? If you can check what the signal strength is set to, it should be adjustable.


Yeah i know how to get into it 4 bars of signal strength... but the thing is the internet pauses and the network bars will still stay the same..... and then reconnects like in 20 seconds... any ideas or settings i can change to cure this problem?
Score
0
November 29, 2010 1:00:41 PM

Also my wireless internet is secured.... with a password and everything... ive reset my router...modem...everything..could anyone help meee!!
Score
0
a b à CPUs
November 29, 2010 1:51:31 PM

das_stig said:
It's a Belkin, pre-programmed to disconnect at random intervals. Worst routers I have ever come across.

Pretty much agree with you here.I had one and it proved pretty useless because it wasn't reliable.
My advise would be to get a different brand (look at reviews) and either throw it (the Belkin) away,give it to goodwill or the salvation army or resell it to a sucker.
Score
0
!