I need help with my wireless connection It disconnects every 5 minutes or so How

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwarrior3

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Hello,
i have a belkin router not sure the "version" or anything aand an acer aspire 5532 laptop...it seems my internet will disconnect every 3-5-10 mins i just dont know what to do...but its bothering me... ive reset my router..that didnt help..it gets annoying please help anyone

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hi ouwarrior3, Welcome to THW.

It would help greatly to know the model number of your router, it will be printed on the label.

First, do you know how to get into the router setup? If you can check what the signal strength is set to, it should be adjustable.

If the stealers (is that even a word? Tis now, bagsied it) bandwidth usage suddenly jumps, it could theoretically shunt the other people connected to it yes
I leave my mobile connected to my network whilst at home, but if I and my Gf both log into WoW, it disconnects the phone lol
Moto

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

Yes,I can see that especially if the OP is using an old Router especially with wireless B rather than G or the newer N type
or if it's not set up right (lacking passwords,encrypted etc.).
Myself I have a neighbor with a open router that I could use.I did use his router before for streaming Hulu videos for a while.Always encrypt your router's signals,use passwords,read the manual etc.If the router is of an older vulnerable type just ditch it and get a new one.

ouwarrior3

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

Yeah i know how to get into it 4 bars of signal strength... but the thing is the internet pauses and the network bars will still stay the same..... and then reconnects like in 20 seconds... any ideas or settings i can change to cure this problem?

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

Pretty much agree with you here.I had one and it proved pretty useless because it wasn't reliable.
My advise would be to get a different brand (look at reviews) and either throw it (the Belkin) away,give it to goodwill or the salvation army or resell it to a sucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.