Can't open Docs in Explorer?

Recently encountered a problem when trying to open Word.doc
files from either Outlook emails or Explore windows

I get the following dialog message: The
system can not file the specified file.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Ti
3 answers Last reply
More about open docs explorer

    Hi Ti,

    Thank you for your posting!

    I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office engineer will
    respond. Please check his answer there, and if you need any further
    assistance on this particular issue please reply to him in that thread so
    he can follow up with you. In the future, please don't cross-post the same
    question in multiple newsgroups. This will help our engineers work on your
    question more efficiently. Your understanding and cooperation is
    appreciated.

    Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,
    Tom Che
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------

    v-tomche@online.microsoft.com (Tom Che [MSFT]) wrote in

    > Hi Ti,
    >
    > Thank you for your posting!
    >
    > I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    > microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office
    > engineer will respond.

    I've checked his response which was appreciated. However, I was
    already familiar with those steps, and completed them with, yet
    no change. I've run chkdsk repair and just un-installed office
    along with other recently installed programs.

    The problem appeared to be Word related. But, now I believe the
    problem has something to do with XPPro/Explorer, just don't know
    how to fit it and don't know exactly which newsgroup tech folks
    are capable of assisting, hence the cross posting.

    Hi Ti,

    Thank you for your update.

    I do understand that you want to get the solution as soon as possible, but
    please understand, another Microsoft engineer is working on your issue in
    microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, you may check his answer there, and
    if you need any further assistance on this particular issue please reply to
    him in that thread so he can follow up with you. This will help our
    engineers work on your question more efficiently. I also believe he will
    do his best to help you resolve this issue, he will provide necessary
    resolution including Office and Windows XP.

    Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

    Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,
    Tom Che
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    >Subject: RE: Can't open Docs in Explorer?
    >From: Titanl9 <nospam@nospam.com>
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
    >Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:24:41 -0700
    >
    >v-tomche@online.microsoft.com (Tom Che [MSFT]) wrote in
    >
    >> Hi Ti,
    >>
    >> Thank you for your posting!
    >>
    >> I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    >> microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office
    >> engineer will respond.
    >
    >I've checked his response which was appreciated. However, I was
    >already familiar with those steps, and completed them with, yet
    >no change. I've run chkdsk repair and just un-installed office
    >along with other recently installed programs.
    >
    >The problem appeared to be Word related. But, now I believe the
    >problem has something to do with XPPro/Explorer, just don't know
    >how to fit it and don't know exactly which newsgroup tech folks
    >are capable of assisting, hence the cross posting.

Configuration Explorer Microsoft Windows XP