Can't open Docs in Explorer?

Recently encountered a problem when trying to open Word.doc
files from either Outlook emails or Explore windows

I get the following dialog message: The
system can not file the specified file.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Ti

Hi Ti,

Thank you for your posting!

I notice that you have posted the same question in our
microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office engineer will
respond. Please check his answer there, and if you need any further
assistance on this particular issue please reply to him in that thread so
he can follow up with you. In the future, please don't cross-post the same
question in multiple newsgroups. This will help our engineers work on your
question more efficiently. Your understanding and cooperation is
appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Tom Che
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

v-tomche@online.microsoft.com (Tom Che [MSFT]) wrote in

> Hi Ti,
>
> Thank you for your posting!
>
> I notice that you have posted the same question in our
> microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office
> engineer will respond.

I've checked his response which was appreciated. However, I was
already familiar with those steps, and completed them with, yet
no change. I've run chkdsk repair and just un-installed office
along with other recently installed programs.

The problem appeared to be Word related. But, now I believe the
problem has something to do with XPPro/Explorer, just don't know
how to fit it and don't know exactly which newsgroup tech folks
are capable of assisting, hence the cross posting.

Hi Ti,

Thank you for your update.

I do understand that you want to get the solution as soon as possible, but
please understand, another Microsoft engineer is working on your issue in
microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, you may check his answer there, and
if you need any further assistance on this particular issue please reply to
him in that thread so he can follow up with you. This will help our
engineers work on your question more efficiently. I also believe he will
do his best to help you resolve this issue, he will provide necessary
resolution including Office and Windows XP.