Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help me pick out an HDMI Cord

Last response: in Systems
September 6, 2010 6:03:21 AM

So I just got my new monitor, really nice, 24" but Im still using my old VGA cord so it's not really noticeably better quality. Now I'm going to buy a HDMI cord, but there is a fat $ difference so does anyone have one that they use, they know its nice that you could reccomend? Thanks

More about : pick hdmi cord

September 6, 2010 6:19:45 AM

kolkim said:
So I just got my new monitor, really nice, 24" but Im still using my old VGA cord so it's not really noticeably better quality. Now I'm going to buy a HDMI cord, but there is a fat $ difference so does anyone have one that they use, they know its nice that you could reccomend? Thanks

Well, it depends on how much you are willing to dish out on the cable. The cheapest are with taxes 45 and go up to 800 or more, can't remember at the moment.
I use Audioquest, x-hdmi, value serie. It was 110 dollars and most say this is one of the best companies on the market. Monster and those Future Shop/Best Buy suppliers are average.
m
l

Best solution

September 6, 2010 8:04:17 AM

My father works on the audio and video company.. and it dont change too much, just get a cheap with good warranty one... and make sure it has the right length... i and DONT put heavy thing over it hdmi broke very easily....

and just buy hdmi if u need to have audio and video in the same cord... if not i prefer to use dvi + coaxial
Related resources
September 6, 2010 8:19:08 AM

HDMI transmits digital signals. It will either work or not work over a short length with no noticeable quality issue. Just grab a cheap one around $30 [with good warranty] and be done with.
m
l
September 6, 2010 9:41:43 AM

Ok, Well the other day I saw this nice HDMI cord at Play N Trade, its for an Xbox360 but doesnt it do the same thing..? it was 30$ and he really recommended it, something about it only uses 1 wire and its gold plated.
m
l
September 6, 2010 10:03:33 AM

Look at EBAY for the 1.3b gold plated high speed ones

Theyre extremely cheap, even ones that are 25 feet long
m
l
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2010 12:54:22 PM

If you use the cable under 5m, no need to get the expensive one.
I use only the cheapest available, but hey...it works without any problem at all.
m
l
September 7, 2010 8:35:08 AM

Best answer selected by Kolkim.
m
l
!