Is this a good combination?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
September 6, 2010 1:57:06 PM

Hi,

I'm planning on building my own rig(looking forward to an AMD+ATI system) and currently looking at these parts.

Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2ghz
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2x2gb) ddr3-1600 (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM) CL7 (8-7-24)

If you could suggest other combination other than this, feel free to do so. Any advice on building my first rig(what parts and brands are good) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

More about : good combination

Related resources
September 6, 2010 7:10:31 PM

Quote:
What's your budget? Do you need windows/a monitor? What resolution do you game at? What will this be used for?

@sp12 -- For the budget, as much as possible I want it below $1000 but has good option for upgrades. As for windows,
I'm planning to use Win7 and for the monitor I already have one. For the resolution, I'm not sure yet as my old pc is not for
gaming. This rig would probably be used mostly on games and watching movies and I prefer the mobo to be an Asus.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out later.

Quote:
Did u go with an IGP chipset to have a workable rig whilst awaiting more funds for a proper discrete GPU for example?

@batuchka -- Yeah, something like that. Actually, I'm looking at Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 and Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
for the mobo but I'm not sure which one would be a better choice. Since I haven't purchased any of the parts mentioned
above, I can still change those if you can suggest better options for those parts. Thanks.
m
l

Best solution

September 7, 2010 4:14:53 AM

Well for a $1k budget u dun really have to be on IGP mobos w/o discrete GPU at all on AM3/DDR3 builds hehe
Eg: What $893AR can buy u on Egg these days ^^
September 7, 2010 4:16:44 PM

Quote:
Well for a $1k budget u dun really have to be on IGP mobos w/o discrete GPU at all on AM3/DDR3 builds hehe
Eg: What $893AR can buy u on Egg these days ^^
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums [...] d-1157.jpg

Wow, I have no idea u can get one of those from newegg(sorry newbie here :D  ). Anyway thanks for the suggestion, it seems that I should look around and read more before starting to build my own rig. Good thing you guys are around here to give advice on newbies like me. BTW, as for the $1k budget, that's just my target amount. I still don't have that kind of money to blow up on heavy duty parts and that's where I got the idea of building a working rig for the mean time until I get enough money to buy a decent, if not good, GPU to use. Thanks again.
m
l
September 7, 2010 4:17:09 PM

Best answer selected by khayadrin.
m
l
September 8, 2010 2:38:20 AM

Yep happy shopping/building and u are welcomed ^^
m
l
!