UT 2007 Handicap mode

Kilowatt

I hope someone in the know sees this message.

I think the one feature that can make deathmatch fun for everyone of
all skill levels would be to have a handicap mode.

Having a game where everyone gets about the same amount of wins/frags
could be a welcome feature.

You still know who the bad ass is because he is the one with the
largest handicap but he has to lay down just like the rest of the
group.

Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
feature.

Andrew

On 22 Jun 2005 00:38:10 -0700, "kilowatt@charter.net"
<kilowatt@charter.net> wrote:

>I hope someone in the know sees this message.

You seem to be confusing Usenet with sending an email to Epic who
write the game.

Meltdown

kilowatt@charter.net enlightened us with:
> Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
> feature.

It sure would. Go ahead and write it, it shouldn't be too hard to
build it for UT2004.

MeltDown
--

Kilowatt

I guess something like that would be an improvement for the weaker
players. Quake 3 has a handicap mode but it doesn't adjust on the fly.
If you changed your handicap from 100 (off) to 50 then your damage was
50% of full and your health and armor would max at 50 I think or
something close. It might have even lowered the strength of your
weapons.

We were playing with a friend's two kids (11, 9) so we took a very high
handicap at first. You would be surprised how quickly you needed to
raise it back up to keep up. :)

The point is that it made the weaker players very strong at first so
they were winning the games sometimes. When you get the handicap
balanced then anyone could win the game. So even if you didn't win the
game you still knew you were the bad ass because your handicap was so
large. You could still play at full force but didn't have to worry
about killing the week players. They were strong enough to take a lot
of punishment before dying.

It really was fun for all.

x.C wrote:
> there is a mod for ut2004, don't remember the name now, but I can look for
> it if you want. We have it installed on our tdm server.
> Teamdeathamtch or 1 vs. 1, first to reach 10.
> A team scores when it killed all the members of the other team.
> Each player starts with 100 shield, 100 health and all weapons.
> With each victory, the amount of shield and health goes down for the winning
> team only.
> So, lets say it is 9-0, the team with 9 would have like 40-40 or lower
> (don't remember) and the other team would be 100-100.
>
> this is what you are looking for?
> <kilowatt@charter.net> wrote in message
> >I hope someone in the know sees this message.
> >
> > I think the one feature that can make deathmatch fun for everyone of
> > all skill levels would be to have a handicap mode.
> >
> > Having a game where everyone gets about the same amount of wins/frags
> > could be a welcome feature.
> >
> > You still know who the bad ass is because he is the one with the
> > largest handicap but he has to lay down just like the rest of the
> > group.
> >
> > Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
> > feature.

there is a mod for ut2004, don't remember the name now, but I can look for
it if you want. We have it installed on our tdm server.
Teamdeathamtch or 1 vs. 1, first to reach 10.
A team scores when it killed all the members of the other team.
Each player starts with 100 shield, 100 health and all weapons.
With each victory, the amount of shield and health goes down for the winning
team only.
So, lets say it is 9-0, the team with 9 would have like 40-40 or lower
(don't remember) and the other team would be 100-100.

this is what you are looking for?
<kilowatt@charter.net> wrote in message
>I hope someone in the know sees this message.
>
> I think the one feature that can make deathmatch fun for everyone of
> all skill levels would be to have a handicap mode.
>
> Having a game where everyone gets about the same amount of wins/frags
> could be a welcome feature.
>
> You still know who the bad ass is because he is the one with the
> largest handicap but he has to lay down just like the rest of the
> group.
>
> Having the handicap mode that adjusts on the fly would be a great
> feature.

its called TAM... tournament arena mod.. My clan is in the Clanbase tam
cup... its a very good mod..

the stronger player get less health and shield in progressive rounds... so
it tries to even out the skills..