PSU for my rig! Suggestions?

Hello all,

I'm putting together a gaming rig and would like some input on which power supply to buy. It's really the only piece that has not already been determined for my new build. Here's what I have:

HAF 932 Full Tower case
Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
i7-950 3.06 mhz CPU
GA-X58A-UD3R mobo
MSI GTX 470 GPU
8GB (4 x 2GB) G.SKILL 1600 DDR3 RAM
2TB (2 x 1TB) WD Caviar Black HDD's
ASUS Black 24X DVD+R DVD-ROM

I have in my possession an Antec EarthWatts 750W PSU that I picked up on the cheap on BF ($35 AR). I've been doing some research and I'm not sure if it will suffice given the rest of my rig setup.

Will this PSU be sufficient power for my setup? I have plans to overclock. Down the road I would like to SLI another 470. If this PSU won't work, does anyone have suggestions on a solid PSU for the price? Thanks in advance for your advice.
2 answers Last reply
More about suggestions
  1. So that PSU is plenty for your current build but if you plan to kick it up and do SLI you will more then likely need a better with more Watts. At least 850 watts. Of course there are calculators out their like this one http://support.asus.com/PowerSupplyCalculator/PSCalculator.aspx?SLanguage=en-us from Asus. This also helps determine parts. Asus really doesn't make power supplies so theirs no reason for them to lie and make you buy a more expensive one like a lot of people claim calculators do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product