G

Hello,
i just got a new xbox 360 wireless adapter and it wont connect to my network. i found my wpa/wep address and when i type it in my xbox a error pops up and says cant connect to network

G

WPA and WEP don't have addresses they are security protocols. You need to discover which of those protocols your router is using and the password that's in place.

See the literature which came with your router for how to access the user setup screens in the router via your computer's browser. Once in go to wireless security and review or renew the wireless security type and password. WPA PSK TKIP is the most common security type in use but toys such as the xbox tend to have older systems such as WEP so you may have to change the router to that protocol.

Go to wireless mode and ensure that it's set to a wireless type matching your xbox wireless adapter (mixed mode is a safe bet).

Go to the xbox wireless networking setup screen and see if you can detect the router's SSID (wireless call sign). Select that network.

Apply the wireless security type and password.

TRENDING THREADS