How to connect keyboard to laptop?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 19, 2004 5:27:11 PM

Ive got a laptop (IBM T23) with a PS/2 mouse port and 2 USBs - my mouse
works fine when plugged into the USB, but the (PS2) keyboard doesnt
work when plugged into the PS2 port (which has a picture of a mouse by
it)

....should it work, or is it a PS2 mouse port only? - is there such a
thing as a USB keyboard? (search on PC World suggests not) If so, how
much do they cost and where can I get one?

....or pos even a PS2 to USB converter - if so how much and are they any
good etc?

Thanks

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 19, 2004 8:48:59 PM

<junk1@davidbevan.co.uk> wrote in message
| Ive got a laptop (IBM T23) with a PS/2 mouse port and 2 USBs - my mouse
| works fine when plugged into the USB, but the (PS2) keyboard doesnt
| work when plugged into the PS2 port (which has a picture of a mouse by
| it)
|
| ...should it work, or is it a PS2 mouse port only? - is there such a
| thing as a USB keyboard? (search on PC World suggests not) If so, how
| much do they cost and where can I get one?
|
| ...or pos even a PS2 to USB converter - if so how much and are they any
| good etc?

It is mouse only. There are tons of USB keyboards available, and you can get
them cheap. I see you are in the UK, so I can't direct you to any good
places.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 20, 2004 3:46:48 AM

Hierophant wrote:
> <junk1@davidbevan.co.uk> wrote in message
> | Ive got a laptop (IBM T23) with a PS/2 mouse port and 2 USBs - my mouse
> | works fine when plugged into the USB, but the (PS2) keyboard doesnt
> | work when plugged into the PS2 port (which has a picture of a mouse by
> | it)
> |
> | ...should it work, or is it a PS2 mouse port only? - is there such a
> | thing as a USB keyboard? (search on PC World suggests not) If so, how
> | much do they cost and where can I get one?
> |
> | ...or pos even a PS2 to USB converter - if so how much and are they any
> | good etc?
> |

> It is mouse only. There are tons of USB keyboards available, and you can get
> them cheap. I see you are in the UK, so I can't direct you to any good
> places.

If you want to save a USB port, you can also get a widget that plugs
into one USB port and provides connectors for both PS/2 mouse and PS/2
keyboard.

I am not a marketing target ... I am a free man.
!