Ati 4850 very hot & sc2

Hello all, it's been quite awhile since I have posted but I have an issue and would really love some feedback. My problem simply is that I purchased SC2 today and when only on the login/menu my 4850 runs at 110 degrees, and I am running ATI overdrive with fans at 100% !!... So my question to the community is, is this safe and can it damage anything and can you recommend any great gpu coolers under $100 from www.ncix.com ? This would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to do any damage to my card...

Ps I would purchase a better card but I'm waiting it out until D3 comes out to buy a new rig.
5 answers Last reply
More about 4850
  1. Easy Tweak to Avoid StarCraft II Overheating GPU

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/starcraft-overheating,10984.html
  2. Thank you, and ill give this a read and try. Although I am still looking for a 4850 cooler if anybody has any ideas
    www.ncix.com
  3. awesome, thanks for the quick reply. My only other concern is whether this cooler will severely reduce temps while playing sc2 and what not. I have never really bothered with after stock coolers before so I am unsure of how it will work. I read the review and saw that it really reduces noise level but while stressed showed drops in temps by 12ish. Can it possibly drop it by more?
  4. ushy86 said:
    awesome, thanks for the quick reply. My only other concern is whether this cooler will severely reduce temps while playing sc2 and what not. I have never really bothered with after stock coolers before so I am unsure of how it will work. I read the review and saw that it really reduces noise level but while stressed showed drops in temps by 12ish. Can it possibly drop it by more?

no clue I personally don't own the cooler. All I can say is zalman has a great brand name in aftermarket cooling and hardware secrets do some of the most thorough reviews around so I'll take their word on it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards ATI Graphics