Your question

Nvidia driver stopped working and has recovered

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 5:10:16 PM

Hello,
how can i fix:nvidia driver has stopped working and has recovered
August 1, 2010 5:19:04 PM

Take off any overclock on the card including overdrive in CCC. Try a different driver newer/older. Hardware-wise be sure the card's fan is running fast enough to cool the card especially the RAM. Power supply should not be so overworked it puts out the heat of a toaster.
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 5:29:45 PM

it is not overclocked ,i tried 3 drivers, my gpu is 47 C and the problem persists.
Related resources
August 1, 2010 5:32:30 PM

Try installing a different video card and check for stability. List the system specs for further help. Include video card, CPU, MB, RAM, PSU, etc.
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 5:34:20 PM

my sistem : core 2 duo wolfdale 3 ghz
GA ep35 ds3r
Leadtek 8800 gt 512
4 gb ram
western digital caviar black 500 gb
Windows 7 proffesional-32 bit
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 5:35:24 PM

PSU 430 W Sirtec
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 5:37:49 PM

It happens only in gaming and Google Earth
I have no other video card
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 1, 2010 5:45:03 PM

Well, specifically what power supply does the system have? It could be the card has seen it's best days and needs replaced. Perhaps check the connectors from the PSU or even plug the card in to the other 6 pin 12v connector from the power supply if available. This is the latest driver for Windows 7, ver. 286.96.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-258.96...

a c 172 Î Nvidia
August 1, 2010 5:48:29 PM

badge said:
Take off any overclock on the card including overdrive in CCC. Try a different driver newer/older. Hardware-wise be sure the card's fan is running fast enough to cool the card especially the RAM. Power supply should not be so overworked it puts out the heat of a toaster.

Pssst, that's ATi cards only mate. [:mousemonkey]
August 1, 2010 5:50:38 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Pssst, that's ATi cards only mate. [:mousemonkey]

I missed it and still reeling from the effects. I think you may have a definitive solution, but want to see me suffer further.
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 5:53:19 PM

PSU 430 W Sirtec
I've chekked all the conectors i've cleaned the VC and the Pc- no matter what i've done the problem persists
August 1, 2010 5:56:00 PM

Quote:
PSU 430 W Sirtec

My guess is the card may be showing signs of failing. There are a couple of versions of the 8800GT, the G92 being the more powerful. A 430w PSU is suspect to being at least overworked with the card. If the correct drivers are installed, there is no overclock and the card worked properly for years past, I would look to the card as being looking for a quiet retirement home by now.
a c 172 Î Nvidia
August 1, 2010 5:59:20 PM

badge said:
I missed it and still reeling from the effects. I think you may have a definitive solution, but want to see me suffer further.

Sorry mate but I couldn't resist but as we don't see you in here very often I thought I'd as gently as I could before some of the young whipper-snappers start kicking up a fuss about you being over the hill and all that. :whistle:  :lol:  I agree about the PSU though, a good quality 500 - 550w from the likes of Corsair could be what's needed.
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 5:59:42 PM

No other solution??
It could not be a windows 7 issue ?
a c 172 Î Nvidia
August 1, 2010 6:05:24 PM

I'm using W7 with an Nvidia card and the driver does not crash continuously (doesn't crash at all in fact) so I would suspect clogged HSF, PSU or dying card.
August 1, 2010 6:06:21 PM

I think it could be software related. If possible test the card in another system. Or like I suggested earlier install a different VC in your system. I think it is hard to troubleshoot any further without spare parts to test with. Longshot, but checking the motherboard online product page for a BIOS version that may address any problems with the PCIE slot and specifically the 8xxx nvidia series may turn up something.
August 1, 2010 6:09:54 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Sorry mate but I couldn't resist but as we don't see you in here very often I thought I'd as gently as I could before some of the young whipper-snappers start kicking up a fuss about you being over the hill and all that. :whistle:  :lol:  I agree about the PSU though, a good quality 500 - 550w from the likes of Corsair could be what's needed.

:lol:  If grapeeape sees this (like how could that happen) I'll get tossed for sure. Again. :lol: 
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 6:14:22 PM

Thank you very much guys
I will try your solutions (addict's not moderator's,because i'm short of money right now)
a c 172 Î Nvidia
August 1, 2010 6:15:03 PM

Don't worry mate I'll stand up for you, I know you're not over the hill indeed rumour has it you've yet to reach the top! :lol: 
a c 172 Î Nvidia
August 1, 2010 6:17:55 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much guys
I will try your solutions (addict's not moderator's,because i'm short of money right now)

I know of a few "high traffic" street corners if you're interested! :ange:  :lol: 
Anonymous
August 1, 2010 6:21:59 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I know of a few "high traffic" street corners if you're interested! :ange:  :lol: 

What do you mean? Ido not understand
a c 172 Î Nvidia
August 1, 2010 6:28:24 PM

Quote:
What do you mean? Ido not understand

In that case it's probably best that I don't explain. [:mousemonkey]
August 1, 2010 6:44:25 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Don't worry mate I'll stand up for you, I know you're not over the hill indeed rumour has it you've yet to reach the top! :lol: 

I haven't rolled anyone in a while. Thanks for jogging the memory. :lol:  I'll do a search for the pic GGA posted of himself on the site years ago. I mean if I have any trouble I have that equalizer. I've used it a couple of times in the past.

EDIT for leverage effect and upgrading my status 40 points. At least
!