Sign in with
Your question

ASRock P67 Extreme4 Restart Issues

Last response: in Motherboards
July 26, 2011 8:33:23 PM

First time posting so first off, hello!

Problems should hopefully be an easy one to answer.

Just put together a new system and it works great I will post specs at the bottom. The only issue that I currently have is when either restarting from windows, or after saving and exiting out of the bios which in essence does a restart. The computer will restart without any visuals, Dr. Debug lights will flash then go away as if the post was good, I get 1 beep also indicating the post went well, and I am then left with no visuals but it appears the computer is running.

The only way to remedy this is to manually shutdown the computer and restart. If I choose to shutdown the computer after every use and start it up cold, it always posts and runs flawlessly, so I am at a loss as to what it could be, as it appears all pieces of hardware are operating as they should. If you need more clarification let me know, and thanks again for the response in advance.

Specs:
I7 2600K
EVGA GTX 580
Cooler Master Pro Gold 1000w PSU
G Skill 1600 Mhz 2x4gig
ASRock P67 Extreme4 Mobo
OCZ Solid 3 SSD 6gb/s
a b V Motherboard
July 26, 2011 9:06:22 PM

Say.. did you plug your display into the graphic card? Just wondering..
m
l
July 26, 2011 9:26:48 PM

Thanks for replying...I don't want this to come off as rude but yes considering if the computer is off cold and started it works flawlessly it's only when I do a restart.
m
l
July 29, 2011 12:03:24 AM

/bump

Anyone with a SSD and an ASRock P67 Extreme4 know the correct BIOS settings for SSD's.

Still have this restart problem and I just can't figure it out its very weird.
m
l
!