Sign in with
Your question

Xonar Essence STX vs X-fi Titatinum Fatality

Last response: in Components
November 30, 2010 3:26:16 AM

what the question says, what's better?

For speakers I have a the Logitech Z-5500, looking to get a good headset also, I do more music listening than gaming.
From what I've been reading, the STX is better for audio, but is it also good enough for gaming?

Any good recommendations for headphones also? I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD 650, as they seem to get pretty good reviews.
I would like to plug them right into the Z-5500 headphone jack also, I don't know if i'd lose/gain any quality that way, but any input is appreciated.
November 30, 2010 2:49:11 PM

logitech and an asus xonar stx would be a waste, since u wont be able to find as much difference as u should with those speakers.

however the hd650 headphone and the asus will work together very well, u wouldnt want to connect high quality headphones into line outs on speakers. connect it directly to the soundcard, and use the volume control from there, this will be anooying if u are gaming and have to use the volume on the fly, but the quality will be far far much better.
m
l
November 30, 2010 5:08:38 PM

What speakers are good then?
m
l
Related resources
November 30, 2010 6:52:32 PM

The Z-5500's are OK as far as PC speakers go, but the STX can do a lot more with higher quality speakers.

That being said, between the two soundcards, its a no-contest. The STX wins. Just take note you would have to connect via optical, as the STX only has optical and RCA Stereo outputs. If you want the traditional PC 7.1 analog outputs as an option, you might want to take a look at the Auzentech Forte and HT Omega Claro Halo/XT/+
m
l
November 30, 2010 7:26:48 PM

Can you give me an example of some good high quality speakers. Optical OS fine. That's how I have them hooked up now.
m
l
November 30, 2010 7:52:57 PM

are u looking for surrounds or stereo?

for teh asus cards, go for analog, the DAC on the cards wil beat any built in DAC on pc speakers.
m
l
!