I need to clear my question

G

i have mercury kvm2 v1.0 main board,AMD sempron processor, 2.5GB ram,160GB hard disk and no graphic card. please help me to upgrade my system without changing main board with graphic card

I don't know your vender or budget. Chances are your board will work with any 65 watt am2 cpu; it won't work with any am3 cpus; the chipset is made by via, and is too old for newer cpus. Their website doesn't list compatable cpus, so don't spend too much in case your cpu won't run. I recommend you try the 5600 brisbane core am2 which runs at 65 watts and has 512 cache. It sells for $45 at starmicro.

halfcalf

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I would like to put it to a vote: All those in favor of taking lili45 and the other backlink tossers out at the back of the BestOfMedia Chateau on that lovely mountaintop in Provence at sunrise and shooting them say AYE! :)

ahthurungnone

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
I did some research for you and here's what I found...

Your motherboard can use up to an Athalon64 X2 processor (check at newegg.com or geeks.com). These processors are still very capable and you can buy them up to 3.0Ghz.

Secondly, you can add an AGP 8x graphics card. These are reasonable and will dramatically help overall system speed.

Just so you know, I had an old computer with an AGP card and it could run almost any software at very high resolutions. The Athalon64x2 processors are the shiznit and will run Windows7 with no problem.

Hope this helps.

halfcalf

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
AYE! whos lili45 and the other backlink tossers btw?

It was a spammer who was posting a dozen links at a time to some scam site. Fortunately the mods have pulled the trigger and deleted all the spam. I'm very happy to hear that you agree with my proposal for execution, though! :lol: