How to handle smudges on LCD?

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 3, 2005 12:24:28 AM

Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder how
you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi

More about : handle smudges lcd

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 12:24:29 AM

The opinion of non-pros may differ....but I ignore them! A camera is a tool
to be used up and replaced. They don't look like new forever. Any cleaning
of the LCD will be pointless as it will soon get nose grease on it again. If
you get other things on it....that is a problem of technique....such as
eating candy bars while shooting.

"Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder
how
> you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 12:24:29 AM

I've always used those 3M Scotch Brite microfiber lens cleaning cloths that
you can pick up in the Wal-Mart optical department for under $3. They've
worked great for me cleaning smudges off various LCD screens and never left
marks. Just get one of these cloths and clean the LCD after each use... no
need to spend money for those screen protector things.

"Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message

> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder
> how you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi
January 3, 2005 12:24:30 AM

Gene,

You are perfectly correct. After 2-3 years, those current digicams would
become antiques.
A minor chore like cleaning LCD would be a waste of time and energy.
Satoshi

"Gene Palmiter" <palmiter_gene@verizon.net> wrote in message
> The opinion of non-pros may differ....but I ignore them! A camera is a
> tool
> to be used up and replaced. They don't look like new forever. Any cleaning
> of the LCD will be pointless as it will soon get nose grease on it again.
> If
> you get other things on it....that is a problem of technique....such as
> eating candy bars while shooting.
>

> "Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
>> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
>> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder
> how
>> you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi

January 3, 2005 2:13:30 AM

Trust me, for some strange reason you'll get anal responses from
people....with a hint of arrogance and just a bad attitude. Responding not
to answer your question, but just to satisfy their own need to feel good
inside while attempting to frustrate and make other people miserable.
Ignoring these people is the best way to handle their sad attempts to be
noticed.

Anyway, microfiber by 3M is a good product. I ordered a large one over the
Internet which cleans all my LCD computer screens, camera lenses, pretty
much anything that I don't want to use paper towels on. I've had my Sony LCD
computer monitor for over two years and it still looks just as good when I
bought it and I've been using the same 3M microfiber on it.

Drugstore.com has the small ones for like $2.79 and I bet your local stores
have them as well. Good luck and ignore the idiots that "think" they
participate in this group but really don't.

"Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder
how
> you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 3:59:02 PM

anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder how
> you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi

Cling film (saran wrap) is probably the easy solution. Cleaning is usually
easiest by a folded sheet of tissue kept in the camera bag.
January 3, 2005 3:59:03 PM

stewy <stewy@hotmail.com> wrote in news:BDFEF216.57D%stewy@hotmail.com:

>> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
>> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I
>> wonder how you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen.
>> Satoshi

I blow on an LCD, and then wipe with a t-shirt (usually the one I'm
wearing).

Cheers.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply
Anonymous

bob wrote:
> stewy <stewy@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>>> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
>>> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I
>>> wonder how you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen.
>>> Satoshi
>>

> I blow on an LCD, and then wipe with a t-shirt (usually the one I'm
> wearing).
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bob
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 3:59:04 PM

bob wrote:
> stewy <stewy@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>>> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
>>> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I
>>> wonder how you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen.
>>> Satoshi
>>

> I blow on an LCD, and then wipe with a t-shirt (usually the one I'm
> wearing).

In contrast to Bob's complex, sophisticated system, I use the heel of my
hand, the cleaner one if possible.

--
Frank ess
Anonymous

I tend to use the tee shirt method...or a sleeve if in public.

> bob wrote:
> > stewy <stewy@hotmail.com> wrote in

> > I blow on an LCD, and then wipe with a t-shirt (usually the one I'm
> > wearing).
> >

> In contrast to Bob's complex, sophisticated system, I use the heel of my
> hand, the cleaner one if possible.
>

> --
> Frank ess

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 4:59:05 PM

Kibo informs me that "Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> stated that:

>Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
>Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder how
>you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi

Standard domestic glass cleaner on a soft cloth works fine.

January 15, 2005 6:13:39 PM

"Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder
how
> you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi

I went to the local office supply house and picked up some of the
protective self-adhesive (the kind that uses static to cling NOT STICKY
STUFF!) clear sheets use to protect the contact area of a PDA, cut them to
size and presto! A removable smudge and nose print remover!

Good Luck,
Walt
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 6:31:41 PM

Walt responds:

>"Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
>> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
>> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder
>how
>> you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi
>>
>I went to the local office supply house and picked up some of the
>protective self-adhesive (the kind that uses static to cling NOT STICKY
>STUFF!) clear sheets use to protect the contact area of a PDA, cut them to
>size and presto! A removable smudge and nose print remover!

Yabbut, how to get the stuff already on there off?

Charlie Self
"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above
that which is expected." George W. Bush
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 6:31:42 PM

Charlie Self wrote:
> Walt responds:
>
>> "Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
>>> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
>>> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I
>>> wonder how you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen.
>>> Satoshi
>>>
>> I went to the local office supply house and picked up some of the
>> protective self-adhesive (the kind that uses static to cling NOT
>> STICKY STUFF!) clear sheets use to protect the contact area of a
>> PDA, cut them to size and presto! A removable smudge and nose print
>> remover!
>
> Yabbut, how to get the stuff already on there off?

Soak it in nose grease, the universal solvent.

--
Frank ess
January 15, 2005 10:37:41 PM

Non-alcohol based lens cleaner such as typically found at optical shops and
a micro-fiber cloth. Can be used on LCD screens and photo lenses.

Bob S.

"Charlie Self" <charliediy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
> Walt responds:
>
> >"Satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
> >> Sony T1 has a big LCD screen, which is easily susceptible to smudge.
> >> Is there any protective stuff available to cover LCD screen? I wonder
> >how
> >> you guy clean finger prints or other smudges on screen. Satoshi
> >>
> >I went to the local office supply house and picked up some of the
> >protective self-adhesive (the kind that uses static to cling NOT STICKY
> >STUFF!) clear sheets use to protect the contact area of a PDA, cut them
> >size and presto! A removable smudge and nose print remover!
>
> Yabbut, how to get the stuff already on there off?
>
> Charlie Self
> "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise
above
> that which is expected." George W. Bush
Anonymous
October 30, 2009 10:15:51 AM

Hello like your site and for the best part I see people share information

I have a Q I want to buy a finger print recognition machine or whatever it is
My son is doing a school project about family finger prints differences and I suppose lots of other type of information you can get from a finger print,

I want to buy a scanner or something that he can transfer the finger print to his computer so he can compare both or all at the same time..

Thank you a great site

Marcus North Wales
March 2, 2011 6:42:24 AM

Hello,

I was cleaning my lcd tv with the cleaning solution i bought at an electronics store for cleaning LCD screens...its brand is CREST...i was using a microfibre cloth...there was a smudge or something that i was trying to clean..i used circular motions and i didnt press hard at all but then there was a faint white streak/smudge..i then wiped it more and the white streak went away alittle but it is still there slightly when looked at on a certain angle...the smudge i was getting rid of was a bit thick so i am thinking the white spot is just the smudge being spread out but im not sure...when i watch tv i dont see it so its not a dead pixel...what could it be and can i get rid of it?

all answers are appreciated...
Thanks

http://www.viewguard.com/en-US/
!