Hey everyone... I bought a new geforce 460 last week and ever sice then i have been locking up at random times. All I can think of is my power supply.. But im not 100% sure on it . Thought I would get a bit more insight before I went out and spent 200 on a new PSU...
Anyway thanks for the help in advance
1) Download the latest Nvidia drivers for your card/OS.
2) Go to your Add/Remove Programs and Delete any Nvidia and ATI graphics drivers.
3) Download Driver Sweeper
4) Install and run Driver Sweeper, tick off ATI Display and Nvidia Display drivers. Analyse and then run.
5) Restart in safe mode and run Driver Sweeper again.
6) Restart the computer and install the drivers you downloaded in step one.
What do you mean by locking up?Does the screen freeze(no animations, no hard disk activity) or does the desktop take forever to reload in spite of the hard disk working?Also which driver version are you using?Is it the one that came with the card?If so then uninstall those drivers as they are generally the old ones and update to the latest drivers(version 258.96)