Sign in with
Your question

Final Fantasy XIV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 2, 2010 2:55:20 AM

Will my HD 5850 be able to play and do eyefinity on three 23" 1080p monitors? I am still in the process of building my PC, so this is my set up I plan on getting in the next couple months

i5-750 (plan on OC to at least 3.6ghz)
HD xfx 5850
G Skillz 2x2gb 1600mhz memory
MSI P55A-G55 mobo
650w psu
windows 7 64bit
got a case with 4 fans in it so i think im good on cooling the system down

if i must I will get a second card, but is it needed?

heres a link for the system requirements >>>>LINK

More about : final fantasy xiv

a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 3:28:32 AM

wow are those recommended settings a joke? i hope they are real though , so we can have a nice looking game but i also hope it is well optimized on the same token
but the screenshots are ugly, must be a mistake lol who knows
Related resources
August 2, 2010 3:35:26 AM

Heres some better screenshots

a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 3:46:48 AM

wow nice
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 4:07:06 AM

Sounds to me like they pulled those system requirements out of their ass. In any case, the "recommended" system specs are not anything like the required specs, and if you ask me, they're often completely arbitrary.

The machine you have ought to be good enough to run anything and run it well; it's just a matter of what effect it will have if you go all-out with a fancy graphics setup. Hard to predict how that will go until the game's actually out. Before you spend any money, I'd try using your system as-is first, and only upgrade it if you notice it giving you problems.
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 4:08:49 AM

Also -- Final Fantasy XIV had better be a TON better than FXIII, which was basically a piece of dog poo in a box that they put a good name on.
August 2, 2010 4:26:17 AM

so can a HD 5850 run this in eyefinity, or do i need crossfire???
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 4:39:54 AM

you would need some sort of wizard to tell you that bro, just wait until the game is out...
August 2, 2010 4:44:40 AM

Need to know before i buy my rig, or i would....
a c 235 U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 4:45:22 AM

capt_taco said:
Also -- Final Fantasy XIV had better be a TON better than FXIII, which was basically a piece of dog poo in a box that they put a good name on.

every play Phantasy Star Online Ep III+? not the dreamcast, xbox, gamecube ones, those where Ep I&II.

its a perfect lesson on how to ruin a game with great cult following.
a c 153 U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 4:57:13 AM

oooen1gmaooo said:
Need to know before i buy my rig, or i would....

Didn't you say you had an HD5850, if its not enough to play the game with eyefinity at an insane resolution you can always add another later on.

If not you better wait for benchmarks.
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 6:12:44 AM

Those were very high bloom in the first picture.There is nothing spectacular in those screenshots to justify those high requirements.I feel that Oblivion had better graphics than that.
August 2, 2010 6:46:03 AM

Oblivion was not a mmo
a c 153 U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 7:04:50 AM

Tamz_msc said:
Those were very high bloom in the first picture.There is nothing spectacular in those screenshots to justify those high requirements.I feel that Oblivion had better graphics than that.

Do you know what kind of problems the average user has with raiding in WoW and lag? Now take the graphics you have in FF14 and throw them at raids and what not (FF14 has raids and stuff right?) and you're probably going to need a decent setup to play the game lag free. Full settings and stuff, I'm SURE you can play the game with low settings with a much worse computer then recommended.

I'm totally just going off assumption that there is either raids and/or big pvp battles were you are going to have a lot going on the screen at a time.

I know I saw a post from someone on here a while ago that played the beta I think (I could be mistaken), and he was struggling with a pretty decent setup.

EDIT - For those who care I really recommend waiting till we get benchmarks and people who have tested the game at its worse before we judge what may and may not run the game to its fullest.
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 10:28:03 AM

oooen1gmaooo said:
Oblivion was not a mmo

If you remove the mmo from FFXIV then it is a RPG.
August 2, 2010 6:11:39 PM

3 Monitors at 1080p?

that means 3 X 1920 X 1080p? Would be very surprised that a 5850 can handle it at high settings imho
August 2, 2010 7:37:42 PM

I am most likely gonna get another 5850 so i can crossfire. to helltech, i dont know about raids but you can have a party of up to 15 members. im pretty sure there is all ready a benchmark you can download but I hear is not very accurate in its ratings
August 2, 2010 7:41:04 PM

If anyone is running a similar setup w/ CF you can download the benchmark here. would really appreciate it....
a c 125 U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 8:06:37 PM

I've got CF 5850's but that benchmark doesn't support Multi GPU setups, I hope for your sake the game does...
a c 125 U Graphics card
August 2, 2010 8:11:27 PM

LOL Funny vid. Hahaha @ 0.59>
August 2, 2010 8:13:28 PM

first time i watch it is was for the game, now I jus watch it for their reactions
!