Open Programs on Taskbar

July 13, 2005 6:44:12 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to only have an open program's icon show up in the right
taskbar that gets hidden and not the big icon in the main part of the
taskbar. This way the majority of the taskbar will be blank and only the
part near the clock will have icons of open programs.

Thank you.

More about : open programs taskbar

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 6:25:59 PM

I know what you mean, well I don't think it's easy to make it true. or it's
impossible.
"PazNaz Sue" <shargrave@paznaz.org> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:e6IV6Q$hFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to only have an open program's icon show up in the right
> taskbar that gets hidden and not the big icon in the main part of the
> taskbar. This way the majority of the taskbar will be blank and only the
> part near the clock will have icons of open programs.
>
> Thank you.

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 6:26:00 PM

Thank you for your input Brant. The only reason I am asking is because a
man here at work said that on his old computer he had it that way and I gave
him a new computer and he wants it the same way. I already reformatted his
old computer so I can't check it out. I have tried numerous things with no
success.

"brant" <breton@163.com> wrote in message
>I know what you mean, well I don't think it's easy to make it true. or it's
>impossible.
> "PazNaz Sue" <shargrave@paznaz.org>
> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:e6IV6Q$hFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way to only have an open program's icon show up in the right
>> taskbar that gets hidden and not the big icon in the main part of the
>> taskbar. This way the majority of the taskbar will be blank and only the
>> part near the clock will have icons of open programs.
>>
>> Thank you.

July 14, 2005 11:51:12 PM

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:03:12 -0700, PazNaz Sue wrote:

> Thank you for your input Brant. The only reason I am asking is because a
> man here at work said that on his old computer he had it that way and I gave
> him a new computer and he wants it the same way. I already reformatted his
> old computer so I can't check it out. I have tried numerous things with no
> success.

If he did this on his old computer, he was using a third party "tray"
program. Tray icons are managed by the programs themselves or by third
party tools. I have never used any add-ons of this type but know that they
are available from reading other posts in the newsgroups. A search on
google or at a software site such as download.com should turn up something
for him.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thank you Sharon, I will look for one. Have a great weekend!

news:o RwdKdNiFHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:03:12 -0700, PazNaz Sue wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your input Brant. The only reason I am asking is because a
>> man here at work said that on his old computer he had it that way and I
>> gave
>> him a new computer and he wants it the same way. I already reformatted
>> his
>> old computer so I can't check it out. I have tried numerous things with
>> no
>> success.
>>

> If he did this on his old computer, he was using a third party "tray"
> program. Tray icons are managed by the programs themselves or by third
> party tools. I have never used any add-ons of this type but know that they
> are available from reading other posts in the newsgroups. A search on
> google or at a software site such as download.com should turn up something
> for him.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 9:05:21 PM

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:51:09 -0700, PazNaz Sue wrote:

> Thank you Sharon, I will look for one. Have a great weekend!

You're welcome! Enjoy your weekend too!

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User